Occasional Contributor
Sueeich, I’m glad you are going to try it! I think hormonal acne can happen at any age. I’ve tried Differin too and I also use Retin-a at night plus I’ve tried benzoyl peroxide, aha’s, bha’s, you name it. I hope it helps you like it’s helping me!
Regarding side effects of spirinolactone, I stopped getting my menstrual cycles. That concerned me. Plus I had to get off of it because I wanted to get pregnant.
Valued Contributor

@Beautyobessed wrote:
Sueeich, I’m glad you are going to try it! I think hormonal acne can happen at any age. I’ve tried Differin too and I also use Retin-a at night plus I’ve tried benzoyl peroxide, aha’s, bha’s, you name it. I hope it helps you like it’s helping me!
Regarding side effects of spirinolactone, I stopped getting my menstrual cycles. That concerned me. Plus I had to get off of it because I wanted to get pregnant.

I order the vitamins yesterday fron HSN.  And it was great because I had a 20% off one item coupon in my email in-box yesterday from HSN.  I started off with the 180 tablets to see how it works.  Suggested dosage is one to two capsules per day - how many do you take on a daily basis?

Honored Contributor

@Beautyobessed and everyone else suffering: You might also want to check out the supplements DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate (the D-Glucarate part is important, not just any old calcium works). They help regulate hormones and get rid of the "bad" type of estrogen that contributes to hormonal acne (and lots of other even worse problems).

I've been taking them for less than a month and my wacky perimenopause hormones have evened out remarkably. I just feel good--and normal! I used to get a few cyclical chin or jawline zits as well and haven't had any since I started with the DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Occasional Contributor
I take one a day.
Is DIM calcium supplements by Andrew Lessman?
I used to think his fans were over the top but I’m starting to think his supplements perhaps are as good as people say. I’ve also been using his glucosamine and photoceramides as well as his collagen. I’m impressed with them so far.
Honored Contributor

@Beautyobessed wrote:
I take one a day.
Is DIM calcium supplements by Andrew Lessman?
I used to think his fans were over the top but I’m starting to think his supplements perhaps are as good as people say. I’ve also been using his glucosamine and photoceramides as well as his collagen. I’m impressed with them so far.

No they aren't by Andrew Lessman. His products seem nice, if sometimes overpriced, but I'm not loyal to any particular supplement company. Doctors Best is great for most supplements. Extremely good value for money. But they don't make DIM. 

Smoky Mountain Naturals is the reputable company I use for DIM. And I currently use Now Foods brand Calcium D-Gluconate.

To assess whether it is a good idea to buy a supplement from a vendor on Amazon I generally take into account price per serving size as well as the volume of genuine reviews over time.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Since I went into full menopause at age 47,  I have not had a pimple since.  I use to when younger and having periods get my monthly pimple.... now no hormones, no pimples. My skin has never been better.  Another plus for ME going through the change.    I read that some women have breakouts after menopause. 

Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

@Beautyobessed wrote:

I order the vitamins yesterday fron HSN.  And it was great because I had a 20% off one item coupon in my email in-box yesterday from HSN.  I started off with the 180 tablets to see how it works.  Suggested dosage is one to two capsules per day - how many do you take on a daily basis?

@sueeich  I also ordered it today because of the 20% coupon.  We will see how it goes. I am too tired of the hormonal acnes.

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain Do you recommend a supplement that contains these ingredients or each one separately?  I’d like to begin a hormonal support daily supplement, but it is a bit overwhelming.  I like the idea of the Andrew Lessman Uktimate but there are dozens of others that appear comparable and are less expensive on amazon...I’m not even sure which ingredients I should look for in these.

I get large cystic pimples on my jaw and extreme moodiness PMS and am peri-menopausal.  Something calming and that will reduce these hormonal pimples would be lovely...

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Porcelain Do you recommend a supplement that contains these ingredients or each one separately?  I’d like to begin a hormonal support daily supplement, but it is a bit overwhelming.  I like the idea of the Andrew Lessman Uktimate but there are dozens of others that appear comparable and are less expensive on amazon...I’m not even sure which ingredients I should look for in these.

I get large cystic pimples on my jaw and extreme moodiness PMS and am peri-menopausal.  Something calming and that will reduce these hormonal pimples would be lovely...

@Mrsq2022, What works for me might be burdensome for you. You should get whichever supplement you feel good about.

I looked at the Andrew Lessman Ultimate Woman's Wellness supplements and they look nice. They could really help people.

They contain broccoli extract and Indole-3-Carbinol--which is similar to but inferior to DIM. Indole 3 and DIM are isolated ingredients from broccoli (and related veggies) that balance and get rid of harmful forms of estrogen.

DIM is more effective and more recent. DIM is also okay for people with thyroid issues to take, whereas Indole-3-Carbinol and eating tons of broccoli are not recommended for those people. I have mild thyroid issues that I don't want to worsen.

The Lessman formula contains soy, which people with estrogen issues often avoid. It also does not contain Calcium D-Glucarate. Calcium D-Glucarate binds to the bad estrogen after the liver excretes it and prevents it from being reabsorbed in the gut--which would be so counterproductive if it happened.

Pricewise, I would find the Lessman formula cost prohibitive and would not buy it. To get the dosage on the label you have to take two pills a day. I'd rather take one DIM and one Calcium D-Glucarate a day and save a LOT of money, avoid soy, avoid thyroid issues, and be able to keep using them in the long term.

If you read the reviews of the Smoky Mountain Naturals DIM supplements on Amazon, you get a good idea of what they can do. I'm so amazed they made such a big difference so quickly. (BTW I have no association with any of these companies etc, just really big fan when I find a solution that works.)