Respected Contributor

Re: herbal essances cleansing conditioner

I can not wait to try the naked one. it was delivered 4 days ago but my work schedule prevents me from picking it up. I finally can pick it up monday and can not wait to try the naked one.

I already have the rose scent-color treated one. I just colored my hair today so for the next week I will experiment and only use my co-washes and cleansing conditioners and see how well the color lasts.

Respected Contributor

Carol's Daughter is still my fav!

Respected Contributor

Still not in my area of either brand. I'll wait because I just purchased new shampoo, Loreal EverPure, so far I really like it. It is sulphur and silicone free, shampoo and conditioner.

Respected Contributor

I used the rose scented HE today. I like it. It did take every bit as long as Wen to rinse out. My hair has lots of volume and feels very clean. I did notice it is not as smooth as it is with Wen and does not feel quite as moisturized. But, for the price I can use it occasionally and prolong the time between needing to re- purchase Wen.
Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2014 tigriss said:

I think they feel not everyone has bought into no poo washing, so they suggest you use this in between washes. I'm sure they mean the product to be used full time, but can be used in conjunction with shampoo for people that find it too moisturizing, like people with oily hair.

I noticed that on the instructions. Also thought it was funny in part of the instructions they stated, "you know the drill". Guess that was a direct nod to cc users.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/5/2014 tigriss said:

I think they feel not everyone has bought into no poo washing, so they suggest you use this in between washes. I'm sure they mean the product to be used full time, but can be used in conjunction with shampoo for people that find it too moisturizing, like people with oily hair.

I noticed that on the instructions. Also thought it was funny in part of the instructions they stated, "you know the drill". Guess that was a direct nod to cc users.

Or... they just do not want you to stop buying their other products.....

Man I get to pick up the naked in the morning when office opens up. can not wait to was with it. A review will be coming soon

Respected Contributor

I just tried the naked version and compared to the rose scented color protection and the two new pantene cc's this smells the best and conditions the best. To me I do not smell floral. It just smells like a nice department store quality perfume life fragrance. Smells fantastic!

Frequent Contributor

I bought the naked one, compared it to the Rose one for color treated hair, and based on ingredients the only real difference was the scent. The naked one smells like a clean herbal, slightly floral scent. It is nice IMO, its strong but not overwhelming and once it rinses out I cannot smell it anymore. I LOVE the CC! I tried Wen and it was always a little bit heavy/oily, I could never get it to rinse clean, not to mention $$$. The HE is AMAZING! Cleans well, conditions just enough, rinses clean!! My hair was soft and still bouncy. I also tried the naked dry shampoo which has the same scent, a bit softer and its amazing as well. For $5, I will be purchasing this one for a while!

Contributor

for the person who said it was patented. Patents have a limited length of time and WEN has been around awhile, so the patent could have expired leaving the market wide open for dupes.

Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2014 bellamack said:

for the person who said it was patented. Patents have a limited length of time and WEN has been around awhile, so the patent could have expired leaving the market wide open for dupes.

WEN has never owned the " cleansing conditioner" idea. Cleansing conditioners been around long before WEN we only hear about WEN for Chaz worked hard to really market his product. Women been co-washing long before WEN. But WEN did revamp this type of product in a ways and kindle the interest for this type of hair cleaning. Women now want to clean their hair in the most gentlest of ways possible.