Super Contributor

help re:Mally's eyeshadow sticks

I bought the eye shadow sticks special purchase -the set of 8. all day long my eyes were bothering me, like I had something in my eye. I could not see that I had anything but on my cheek, looking in a 10X magnifying mirror I saw some glitter specks.

Now I am afraid to try the eyeshadow stick again. 

Is this something that you have experienced or maybe it was not the eyeshadow stick> they do have "SHIMMER' and my eyes are super sensitive.

thanks for any help, tia.

donna

Valued Contributor

Re: help re:Mally's eyeshadow sticks

I bought some shadow sticks about a month ago. They burned my eyelids so I had to send them back. 

Honored Contributor

@donna71

I have used these for years and just purchased both new sets.

They have never bothered my eyes.  I have never seen glitter on my face.

In fact, I have never seen glitter on my lids!  Some colors have a sheen, but mine do not have any type of glitter that could fleck off onto my face.

I am loving the new colors in the recent sets.

I am sorry this happened to you...I would send them back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is something in her eye shadow sticks that I am allergic too, it makes the skin on my lids itch.

Super Contributor

thank you !!! You can't really see the "glitter" it is super fine.I was looking into a 10x magnifying morror and saw like teeny micro flecks. I couldn't see any flecks in my eyes but gosh, all day - burning and feeling like there was something in my eyes. I kept using visine. 

oh well!!! they are so pretty and I loves the look and how easy they were to use but cannot chance another day like that one.

thank you girls, again.

donna

Respected Contributor

Wow I have used her shadow sticks for yrs now....was tempted to get the newest set I just saw on air today!  I have never had a issue with them and I wear contacts.  Also they never have glitter in them which wouldn't work with contacts for sure.  I hope she hasn't changed her formula.

Something in them must be causing the allergic reaction...too bad...they are so easy to use...Q will take them back.

Valued Contributor

I can't wear Mally's eyeshadow sticks because they make my eyelids itch.

I've tried different time with different colors but, no, they do not work for me.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

I bought many of Mally's shadow sticks years ago and really liked them.  Bought one set after she no longer owns her company and they are not the same.  Returned them and since returns are so costly, won't take a chance again.  A couple of months ago got a set of Laura Mercier shadow sticks and I'm using them often and really like them.  Will purchase different colors later on.