Contributor

Re: have you found certain formulas strip hair color faster ?

I use TT and find that it strips my color as well.
Regular Contributor

I read a lot on here, but don't post much. I've used TT for about 5 years now and have never noticed it stripping my color. How could it? There are no detergents in any Wen product.

Super Contributor

I think TT fades my color faster. I'm red, though, so everything affects my color after a while. I still love TT but I have made it a point not to use it for the first two weeks after coloring because I think it contributes to the fading.

Just my experience.

Super Contributor

I don't find that WEN strips my color at all like shampoo used to. I only have to have my roots done and no color is run through my ends from September through April. As soon as it gets warmer and I spend time outside, the sun actually fades my hair and I have to have color run through it during the summer months.

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 Wildapple said:

I read a lot on here, but don't post much. I've used TT for about 5 years now and have never noticed it stripping my color. How could it? There are no detergents in any Wen product.

I think it has to do with astringency. Chaz says CA is the most astringent. I would think TT would be after that, so it seems if someone was worried about color they wouldn't use those two formulas directly after dye.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 WenGirl42 said:

I don't color, but one of the "K" ladies here...(MissKlynn or Kokathy? I can never remember which one lol) has mentioned having some issues with tea tree oil stripping her color. So tigriss could be onto something. I thought someone said Cucumber Aloe stripped their color too (kcladyz perhaps? All these K's Smiley Tongue ) So you're not alone and hopefully it is just one or two particular formulas. It might just be the particular brand/type of color you use will fade more easily than others. I think chickenmoo is onto something with the moisture issue though. There is definitely a huge range of how moisturizing/drying the different formulas are for people. And some formulas do seem to bring out my natural highlights more than others, so I can see where something might be making your hair look lighter too. So yeah, try some oil, some Fig CC, some ReMoist if you have it, and hopefully it's just an optical illusion!

Waves @ Wengirl42!

Yes I'm that K girl that had an issue with TT and my red coloring. I hate that I did because that CC is amazing, but I definitely tested and isolated my issue down to the TT CC. Months after my color and the white robe test proved it. I can only think it has something to do with the color my stylist uses or my chemistry lol. I don't have any issues with the TT oil, only the TT CC. No issues with CA here, I use that CC a lot. I miss the TT CC though, know that!

Esteemed Contributor

I have medium brown hair color and I find that the roots do not hold color well and it doesn't matter what brand of hair color I use or what shampoo or conditioner I use, my roots are visible in about 3 washes or about a week. I have porous hair and even hair coloring or gray additives don't help with the roots showing quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

WEN (or any cleansing conditioner) strips my hair less than regular sulfate free hair care products- but it still does strip my hair. My greys are very stubborn- I'm sure that's part of the problem.

Respected Contributor

cucumber took all and I do mean all of my hair color out on the very first use

Honored Contributor

The moisturizing might be important to the color. I never thought of that, but I do know fig gives me the best finish for my hair and cucumber aloe is worse than the cheapest drugstore shampoo for my hair and scalp. Also, I've been trying to use up an older bottle of Tea Tree recently and notice that seems to be harder on my color than fig and some of the other formulations.

Since my hair is 99% gray under my color, color retention is important to me. I definitely still get fade when I use any WEN - I can't even imagine how the model Chaz says is all gray and keeps her dark, dark hair perfectly dark between colorings manages that trick. If I didn't have my stylist pull the color through to the ends occasionally, I'd have color tiers (and color tears. too).