Honored Contributor

has anyone who used Latisse had their eye color change

I have light green eyes and feel they are my best feature. My lashes have been thin since I had chemo years ago, the doctor said he would give me a Rx for latisse  but I should know it would likely change the color of my eyes to a light brown, and he didn't know if I wanted that to happen, as it is permanent.He said he doesn't know how common this is in general but a couple of his patients had it happen - and they both previously had green eyes.

Super Contributor

Re: has anyone who used Latisse had their eye color change

It is a common side effect of Latisse. I highly recommend Rodan + Field's Lash Boost. It helps to grow lashes without the eye color change/lightening.
Respected Contributor

Not rare at all......this drug was first used as a glaucoma medication under different name and formula and it was very common to have iris color changes. Another side effect was lash growth and thus the change to the drug was made to market as a lash growth drug. Some people complain that the new lashes are more like eyebrow hairs and not whispy eyelashes. 

Respected Contributor

I've used it for years and my baby blues are still blue. I wonder if it's more common for green eyes to turn? I would  hate for that to happen.

Respected Contributor

Yes it is common in green and hazel eyes.

There are many more options out there, the only other I heard negetive reviews on was the Rodan and Fields one.

Super Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl I'm curious about the R+F Lash Boost reviews you have heard. Please expand. It just became available to the general public.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Not me, to be clear I never did use Latisse, but I recall on one of the beauty boards a poster complaining about that. She actually posted a picture. She had green eyes and the latisse caused a brown ring to form around the pupil. That was enough for me. She was not pleased. I think green and hazel eyes which already have some pigment are more likely to be effected.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I would not take the chance

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Grandelash MD, which I absolutely love.  I have brown eyes so this is a non-issue for me, but here is a link to an article I found that addresses the issue of color change.

Contributor

I use Revitalash.  I had short thin lashes and it really made a difference for me.