Contributor

has anyone tried tatcha cleansing oil and powder?

i saw Lisa boasting about it and wondered if anyone had tried it yet? it looks really good but its very espensive for cleanser

any thoughts??

Respected Contributor

Re: has anyone tried tatcha cleansing oil and powder?

The first time I used it, my skin felt smoother and softer. Used it twice a day for weeks, but now once to save money. My usual cleanser is adequate in the morning. I didn't know until the last presentation that there should be no grains left when it's applied to the face. I thought those were to exfoliate. Now I try to make enough suds so they are gone, but can't quite make that happen. I have re-ordered it and will use it soon. It is expensive, but some things are worth it. Hope you like it if you try it.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Valued Contributor

Hi & Welcome, scarlett!

Yes, I use the Camellia Cleansing oil and I really love it. With just some gentle rubbing in the eye area it takes off all of my MU. I rub all over my face and then take a warm wash cloth and wipe away. It is pricey, but I think I will repurchase I like it so much. I have plenty right now, but ask me again when my container is almost empty.Cool

I have only tried samples of the exfoliating powders. I really liked the gentle version of which ever one I tried. Which is saying a lot b/c I have wacky skin with Rosacea, so any type of exfoliating product I'm always worried about.

Hth!

Valued Contributor

I bought the set and think it is way overpriced. I have since switched to Josie Maran's Cleansing Oil and Cure Natural Aqua Gel (for an exfoliator) and am getting better results at a fraction of the price.

Super Contributor

I love it. Like Lisa, I'd tried other cleansing oils but never loved enough to re-purchase. With Tatcha, I don't ever want to be without it! I keep quoting another poster here who described it as "a luxurious cleansing experience" -- it is!

Valued Contributor

I'm with Maren on this, too. I've tried other cleansing oils and they just didn't work for me. Josie Maran's version comes to mind--and I like many of her other products, too. I've tried a a few different ones and this one, IMO, is the best.

Super Contributor

On 5/20/2014 snappyfrappy said:

The first time I used it, my skin felt smoother and softer. Used it twice a day for weeks, but now once to save money. My usual cleanser is adequate in the morning. I didn't know until the last presentation that there should be no grains left when it's applied to the face. I thought those were to exfoliate. Now I try to make enough suds so they are gone, but can't quite make that happen. I have re-ordered it and will use it soon. It is expensive, but some things are worth it. Hope you like it if you try it.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I've always been of the mind that the rice powder was not an exfoliator, but rather a rich, creamy, lathering SOMETHING. There are still a few little clumps left, but not enough to do anything exfoliation-wise. Don't make yourself crazy trying to get rid of them ALL -- I really don't think we can.

Trusted Contributor

I tried both and will not repurchase. First off, I had a terrible reaction to the enzyme grains and I am not the only one that had that type of reaction. Felt like I had a chemical burn on my face. Another person here on BB had a reaction similar to mine and she ended up in the ER. If anyone has any sensitivity to talc or papaya enemy-do not use this product. And while I did really like the Camellia Cleansing Oil-the bottle says to shake it in small letters. I forgot to do that and about half way through the bottle, the consistency of the oil was different and I started breaking out from it. Ordinarily, I do not have sensitive skin although I've always had a problem with anything that has silicone, bismuth oxide or zinc oxide in it.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

On 5/20/2014 scarlett1234 said:

i saw Lisa boasting about it and wondered if anyone had tried it yet? it looks really good but its very espensive for cleanser

any thoughts??

It you type "Tatcha" in the search bar, you'll find several discussion threads on the topic. I like the theory/method, but felt the cost was too high so I went on a search for dupes and found some that are less expensive while giving more product in the container. Thus, successful skincare at an excellent value.

Contributor

thanks for everyones help. where did you find on amazon different oil cleaners what was the name of it?