Honored Contributor

Re: has anyone tried tatcha cleansing oil and powder?

On 5/20/2014 scarlett1234 said:

thanks for everyones help. where did you find on amazon different oil cleaners what was the name of it?

When I saw the Tatcha demo, the first time it was on, I was very interested in the method, but wanted something more budget friendly so I just started looking for "camellia cleansing oil" and "rice enzyme powder" and found these.

Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil

Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder ***FYI -it comes in a few different scents and unscented. Neither the unscented or Roman Chamomile smell all that great, but they aren't intolerable since they're only on your face for a short time. I've used the Madagascar Vanilla and it's pleasant. I'm looking forward to trying the French Lavendar.

Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 scarlett1234 said:

i saw Lisa boasting about it and wondered if anyone had tried it yet? it looks really good but its very espensive for cleanser

any thoughts??

Yes! It's fabulous. If you have the money, try it. You won't be disappointed. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

I think they still sell a sample size on their site which is a good way to try before you invest that much. I bought some products from a small company in Denver and had the opportunity to talk to the owner. Oil cleansers came up and I mentioned Tatcha as her company makes a lot of products with the same Green tea ingredient (camellia sinesis or something like that) that Tatcha uses.

I got an email from this owner last week that she has created her pretty much exact replica of Tatcha's Cleansing oil and offered to send me a bottle to see how I liked it and compare them. I should receive it this week. I don't know what the final price will be but based on everything else on her site, it will be a fraction of Tatcha's. She is going to start now on replicating the Enzyme Powder.

I know she got some calls the last time I mentioned this replica being developed here so am not going to release the company's new name (she had to change due to a competitor naming actual products after her company's name - she just didn't want to have to challenge them legally due to time and cost, not worth it for her)

However, as soon as I try it and I get the okay from her, I'd be happy to post it. I am anxious to try it.

It is necessary to gently shake Tatcha's or the thicker ingredients sink over time. I noticed the first time I used how much thicker it was than many oil cleansers yet after a short time, it started feeling thinner. I have found with many serums and even other oil cleansers than tipping them up and down helps to make sure everything is well distributed.

Honored Contributor

wackers - That's exciting! I look forward to your review. Even though I'm happy with what I'm using, I'd like to give those dupes a try, if they're as economical as you say they're going to be.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/20/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

wackers - That's exciting! I look forward to your review. Even though I'm happy with what I'm using, I'd like to give those dupes a try, if they're as economical as you say they're going to be.

JLF - I'll almost bet her new Cleansing Oil will be lower than anything else out there that could compare with Tatcha's. I bought two camellia tea oils, a cleanser and a face and body oil-lotion and know my total wasn't over $30 when I last ordered from her. And she really analyzed what Tatcha incorporates into their oil - she actually mentioned they used one ingredient she felt wasn't necessary or
beneficial in any way and she purposely would not include it.

I am looking forward to giving it a try. I will be sure to post as soon as she gives me the go ahead. It's a small company and I don't want her bombarded, if that were to occur, without her being forewarned. She actually got calls the last time I mentioned that she was developing this and I did not give her name out then either - we have some super sleuths here on the BB or just those who just read them. She mentioned the QVC BB when she emailed me that the cleanser was ready but she wasn't upset. I just want to be fair to her because I really like her.

Contributor

I tried it and the cleansing oil was alright, no better than Bobbi Brown or Josie Maran Argon oil.(IMHO) The powder dried my face out alot around my nose area. In my opinion it is waaay over priced. I personally would rather spend my money on Josie Maran, Bobbi Brown or Purity by Philosophy. I say give it a try it may work for you and if not there is always the 30-day money back guarantee. I've been using Neutrogena and think it works great if you are willing to use a drugstore brand. HTH!

Neutrogena® Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover

Honored Contributor

I love love love it! I have been using this system for quite a while! I started with some sample kits directly from Tatcha's website to see if I liked it first, I believe the kits were around 49.00 and you also were able to try other Tatcha products which I liked as well. From there I ordered the larger sizes from QVC. I have a very oily t-zone which becomes worse in the summer and this is the 1st product that I have tried that really seems to be balancing the oil........I think it is well worth the money and you don't use much so for me anyways it lasts a good long while!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/20/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/20/2014 snappyfrappy said:

The first time I used it, my skin felt smoother and softer. Used it twice a day for weeks, but now once to save money. My usual cleanser is adequate in the morning. I didn't know until the last presentation that there should be no grains left when it's applied to the face. I thought those were to exfoliate. Now I try to make enough suds so they are gone, but can't quite make that happen. I have re-ordered it and will use it soon. It is expensive, but some things are worth it. Hope you like it if you try it.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I've always been of the mind that the rice powder was not an exfoliator, but rather a rich, creamy, lathering SOMETHING. There are still a few little clumps left, but not enough to do anything exfoliation-wise. Don't make yourself crazy trying to get rid of them ALL -- I really don't think we can.

The rice powder is a deep cleanser, but could be considered an exfoliating cleanser. I really can't describe the science of rice as an exfoliant other than the slight abrasiveness of the cleanser can be classed as exfoliating. Exfoliators don't have to be harsh and grainy to be effective. Tatcha's rice powder cleanser is quite similar to one sold many years ago at the Body Shop in Europe called Japanese Cleansing Grains. There's was considered as an exfoliating cleanser. The large Japanese skincare company, DHC, also has a powdered cleanser which they call exfoliating, but I'm not sure if there's contains any rice.

Regular Contributor

This is the single worst product line I have ever used. The enzyme burned my skin... I don't have sensitive skin. Then the oil went in and gave me 20 or 30 tiny pimples on the burned area. I use La Mer....what was I thinking?