Not applicable

has anyone had WEN strip their hair color?

Hi!

I've only been using WEN for about 12 days. My hair is very healthy, shiny and thick naturally. The reason I bought WEN was to help prevent my hair color from fading as quickly. I have black hair and the gray just sparkles next to the black...lol

I've noticed that when I started using WEN, the product is stripping my hair color out of my hair. When I use the comb I can see my color coming off. At first I thought NO, it's just me...but after a few more shampoo's I can see my grey hairs are showing well past the line of demarkation was from the color. Smiley Sad

I've stopped using it now because it kind of defeats the purpose of why I bought it but also I'm starting to notice my hair is becoming too dry.

I'm just wondering if others have had this experience and if maybe I'm freaking out too soon or doing something wrong in the process ;-)

Thanks,

Robbie

Re: has anyone had WEN strip their hair color?

I have noticed that my salon hair color has been stripped by my use of WEN.  I asked my hairdresser and he said he has several customers who have complained of the same thing and that it, in fact, does strip the color!

Honored Contributor

wow finding and responding to over a 3 year old post.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

wow finding and responding to over a 3 year old post.

LOL and their 1st post too.  I can't believe that there was ever a WEN thread that had no responses , good or bad.  Kinda weird.

I used to CO wash (conditioner only) when I had long hair and I had foil highlights. I did find that I had to experiment with which conditioner actually was OK as some did still strip even the uncolored parts. 

Respected Contributor

It would depend upon the formula of Wen.  Tea Tree can strip color, but I will tell you that dark dyed hair colors will fade period.  I dye mine red and will continue to get color leaching out into my shampoo or co-washing regardless if I use sulphate free or various conditioning cleansers or just conditioner.  it is a fact of coloring with a dark color.  Grey hair will struggle to hold onto the color anyway because it is porous.   A protein pack before you color will help with that.