Honored Contributor

Re: has anyone bought Westmore Hollywood Blockbuster lipstick?

@rochelleS wrote:

@LoriLori

I don't know when the new A300806 lippie debuted here. If it's really new that could be the reason for no rewiews.I can again say I do like the texture, finish and longevity of the other lip duo. I have a few more Westmore items and do like the quality etc. Only the lip liner trio was disappointing. Very so-so colors, not especially lasting on me and experienced some breakage. I think there's drug store products that are better. Speaking of drugstore products, ever tried Milani lipsticks? For about $5 these are great lippies. A non drying lasting finish with a nice selection. I enjoy the satin finish alot. Very pretty on. Take a look when you're out and about.

Have you come across any noteworthy lip products lately?

Thanks, @rochelleS.  I'm beginning to need lip liner and can't be bothered so that's why I have my eye on the Westmore. 

The last great lippie I came across I love!!!!  I see they've been out a year based on reviews but I just discovered them a few months ago -- 

-- $6 lipsticks from Sephora called Lipstories Lipsticks.  They come in a cardboard tube which at first bothered me but it's fine and works great and the environmentalist in me has come to love that.

Very creamy and lasts and lasts.  I'm on my second tube of Oui, a great creamy pink (but not as great as Meghan's!!!!) which is now my favorite lipstick and I also love creamy Spring Break.  I find myself skipping over my Marc Jacobs three pricey ones to reach for Oui a lot.

The colors are great and the price is even less than a lot of drugstore brands.  There's a great variety, I just didn't need other colors.  It's a win/win/win, I love my Oui.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS, what about you?  Any great finds lately?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@LoriLori

I don't know when the new A300806 lippie debuted here. If it's really new that could be the reason for no rewiews.I can again say I do like the texture, finish and longevity of the other lip duo. I have a few more Westmore items and do like the quality etc. Only the lip liner trio was disappointing. Very so-so colors, not especially lasting on me and experienced some breakage. I think there's drug store products that are better. Speaking of drugstore products, ever tried Milani lipsticks? For about $5 these are great lippies. A non drying lasting finish with a nice selection. I enjoy the satin finish alot. Very pretty on. Take a look when you're out and about.

Have you come across any noteworthy lip products lately?

Thanks, @rochelleS.  I'm beginning to need lip liner and can't be bothered so that's why I have my eye on the Westmore. 

The last great lippie I came across I love!!!!  I see they've been out a year based on reviews but I just discovered them a few months ago -- 

-- $6 lipsticks from Sephora called Lipstories Lipsticks.  They come in a cardboard tube which at first bothered me but it's fine and works great and the environmentalist in me has come to love that.

Very creamy and lasts and lasts.  I'm on my second tube of Oui, a great creamy pink (but not as great as Meghan's!!!!) which is now my favorite lipstick and I also love creamy Spring Break.  I find myself skipping over my Marc Jacobs three pricey ones to reach for Oui a lot.

The colors are great and the price is even less than a lot of drugstore brands.  There's a great variety, I just didn't need other colors.  It's a win/win/win, I love my Oui.

@LoriLori 

I don't have a Sephora close but there is an Ulta nearby.  My neighbor wears a long lasting liner andi lipstick too from there. It's either the house brand or Nyx. I'll have to ask again. Her lippies last all day, even outside gardening in the heat. Sometimes I think something must be wrong with me. I can stand in one spot and my lipstick fades, poof gone. I'm not a licker or chewer and I just don't get it, honesty drives me nuts. Obviously, some last longer than others but I've yet to find a lasting formula or primer that works.

I just rec'd a 60% off sale email from Eve Pearl. I do like her lip products alot. I'd previously purchased her Rose' lipstick and love it! A creamy soft rose with a wee tiny touch of a mauve brown that gives this shade a tone that's great for every day to a soft and pretty evening look. I'm going for back ups. I like her other colors, her liquid lips and the glosses are nicely tinted, not sticky and lasting.  Her little lip pallette is really sweet. Credit card sized and a great gift too. I like her make up alot too. Both the HD duo and the potted Face Therapy. This one is a sleeper here and doesn't get the kudos it deserves. 

I'm going to start a new thread for this sale...