Honored Contributor

has anyone bought Westmore Hollywood Blockbuster lipstick?

I've had my eye on the neutral since I saw it on the web site. I don't like that it comes in a duo but otherwise it's very appealing to me but there's not one review of it.  So any feedback from someone who actually has it would be greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: has anyone bought Westmore Hollywood Blockbuster lipstick?

I bought it if you mean the self-tanner.  It might be in one of the boxes I received while away.

My friend brought them into the house as they were delivered but I haven't been through the boxes that arrived while I was away.

I don't know why I order every one of those offered.  I never use it, just order the stuff.  Lord knows I should use it though.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori

I liked thei lighter of the two shades offered. A flattering MLBB shade.

For me, the darker seems more trendy, geared to a much younger women.  I couldn't see myself wearing it at all. Other than my favorite reds, I'm wearing lighter shades which have been more flattering as I age. The deep shade looked very goth-y on me. If you can wear this color, great. I did like the texture of the product alot. It's a wee tad on the dry side (vs creamy, wet or slippery ) and long lasting.

I think the tube is gimmicky and very meh. Its awakward to open. It looked like the bullet was smaller but honestly didn't compare the weight with other products. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

No, @Annabellethecat66 luv, she's asking about the lippie  duo. Have you tried those?

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Oh!  I remember that!  It was expensive (I think) and basically (if I remember....but I screw stuff up) it was basically a sugar kind of substance and moisturizer.

THAT was one of the few things (thank goodness) I passed on.  I must have had a moment of clarity...Ha!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS, thank you so much, this is exactly what I was asking for.  And I too wear lighter shades, always have.  I find them more natural and flattering.

One question:  You mention two shades and there are three:  nude, peach and rose.  Did you buy the nude?  Which of the three is what you're callnig the "deep shade?" 

Disappointed to hear they are drying.   Very grateful for your review and TIA for answering my question.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@rochelleS Oh!  I remember that!  It was expensive (I think) and basically (if I remember....but I screw stuff up) it was basically a sugar kind of substance and moisturizer.

THAT was one of the few things (thank goodness) I passed on.  I must have had a moment of clarity...Ha!

@Annabellethecat66, no, it wasn't that either.  It's a lipstick/lip liner in one and seems to be exclusive to QVC.  There's a different set that has a lipstick and gloss.  This duo is two of the same lipstick.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@rochelleS, thank you so much, this is exactly what I was asking for.  And I too wear lighter shades, always have.  I find them more natural and flattering.

One question:  You mention two shades and there are three:  nude, peach and rose.  Did you buy the nude?  Which of the three is what you're callnig the "deep shade?" 

Disappointed to hear they are drying.   Very grateful for your review and TIA for answering my question.

@LoriLori

Ack, so sorry luv,  my comments were for A298131 Hollywood Glamour Special Effects set. I didn't realize you were asking about this new product A300806. Oops, see what happens when I read too fast.

Btw, when I mentioned a dryer formula in my comment,  this duo IS NOT drying. I actually like the finish, slightly matte, and love the longevity alot. Just didn't like the 2nd darker vampy color on me. I could live with the cheesy cases otherwise. 

@Annabellethecat66 note the #'so of the products discussed.👄👄👄

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS, thanks anyway!  Appreciate it Smiley Happy

So odd that there isn't a single review and when I google it, it only shows up on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori

I don't know when the new A300806 lippie debuted here. If it's really new that could be the reason for no rewiews.I can again say I do like the texture, finish and longevity of the other lip duo. I have a few more Westmore items and do like the quality etc. Only the lip liner trio was disappointing. Very so-so colors, not especially lasting on me and experienced some breakage. I think there's drug store products that are better. Speaking of drugstore products, ever tried Milani lipsticks? For about $5 these are great lippies. A non drying lasting finish with a nice selection. I enjoy the satin finish alot. Very pretty on. Take a look when you're out and about.

Have you come across any noteworthy lip products lately?