Respected Contributor

Can anyone recommend a favorite hairspray that is cruelty free, aerosol, and doesn't cost $20 a can? I'm having an awful time finding something that meets that criteria. All of the cruelty free options I'm finding are either non-aerosol, which I don't like at all, or very expensive. For reference my favorite hairspray has been Tresemme, but I'm looking for a cruelty free alternative that doesn't cost a fortune. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: hairspray recommendations

I use ION products from Sallys.  I have a can of spray but I dont use it often so it lasts me for quite some time and I dont remember the cost.  I do pay a little more for these products but you use a lot less and they last longer.  Good luck on your search.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Try Not Your Mother's brand.  There are several products in the line and on the Ulta website alone, most of them get 4 stars or better.  On the NYM website, they say they don't test on animals, but are forthcoming about a handful of their products having keratin from sheep that's obtained after they've been shorn.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie

The Ion product is cruelty free?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes or I would not use them and they dont use animal biproducts.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  HeartHeartHeart

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

yes or I would not use them and they dont use animal biproducts.

Honored Contributor

I like the 2 by Marc Anthony, one with coconut oil, other with argan oil, Once in a while I see them at Walmart, otherwise I get them from ebay, usually about $8 a can or less.

Honored Contributor

The ion hair spray I use is called Finishing hard to hold, it comes in a tall black can.  My hair is thick and curly and when I need it  to keep my hair in place this works very well.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had good luck with the Dove line of hair sprays and Tresomme'.  I also like the Aussie line of products.

Super Contributor

No idea but I only use Nick Chavez.  Best hairspray on the market!!!!!