Super Contributor

My hair texture has changed since I went thru chemo. Glad I still have it and my hair color red came back too. I am a natural redhead and do not color my hair. Nothing against thpeople who do. I noticed on the shopping channels at when they use products its always on ladies who have colored their hair and texture is different on colored treated hair. Can anyone recommend a good styling product for natural hair?  

Honored Contributor

@crazered wrote:

My hair texture has changed since I went thru chemo. Glad I still have it and my hair color red came back too. I am a natural redhead and do not color my hair. Nothing against thpeople who do. I noticed on the shopping channels at when they use products its always on ladies who have colored their hair and texture is different on colored treated hair. Can anyone recommend a good styling product for natural hair?  

hi @crazered. I hope you’re doing well now. Is your hair curly or straight? I’d use a lightweight mousse...not volumizing since most contain alcohol. Gels tend to be heavy and when you brush your hair can break it off or cause damage...same w/ hairspray. If your hair is fine, use a mousse that mentions “body” on the label. Many drugstore brands are great, but confusing since so many. Stay w/ known gentle lines like Pantene or Dove. Please use a microfiber towel to protect hair from breakage and a satin pillow case will help your hair “slip” and prevent damage getting caught or roughed up on cotton cases. 

Esteemed Contributor

@crazered

My hair is natural color, my texture is 'difficult' at best. (Curly/wavy with a repeating tortion-twist.)

Before being diagnosed and starting daily chemo treatment I'd lost one third of my hair just to the stress the illness put on my body. The remaining hair was split, brittle, and broke off easily.

I started using WEN products.

Since starting treatment with my type of chemo my eyebrows have fallen out but my head hair is intact. The missing hair has all grown back in and my overall head of hair is healthier than it's been before in my adult life.

It's lush, full, and flexible.

There's a variety of WEN styling products for every type of texture, length, style. For instance the WEN styling cream is very popular but I don't use it, I favor other WEN stylers.

Use whatever's right for your hair.