Contributor

Re: hair pins or something to hold hair

Hi Crazered,  I learned that alot of us put the bobby pin in wrong.. Some of us were putting in upside down by sliding the longer side pressed to the scalp leaving the shorter wavy side right side up facing outward.  In actuality, its the opposite, the short wavy side goes into the hair with the longer side (the smooth side) facing outward. That means the wavy side is hidden and the long straight side of the bobby pin is what you will see.  

• The wavy side catches the hair MUCH better this way and you can still make the X with 2 bobby pins for more security.  Try it I think you will be surprised how well it holds.  Good luck!!

Super Contributor

I am doing great  Thanks for the head comb info

Honored Contributor

Check out francelux.com. They have the best quality hair pins, barrettes, etc. I use their small and large barrettes and other styles. I can't recommend them enough.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Just a thought, but if you have short hair, sometimes a good hair gel or mousse will hold the hair back around your ears really well.

Good health to you to stay cancer free!

Esteemed Contributor

@crazered I received today another headband from Amazon, just gorgeous, but good for every day holding hair behind the ears.  I like the headbands because they are easy to put on without fussing.  Hair pins, clips and combs, at least for me, don't always get on right and need to be repositioned.  Headbands, don't even need to look.  This is it:

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 1.05.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 1.06.37 AM.png

Hope you find something you like.

Valued Contributor

not sure if you tried flat bobby pins like these, they really worked for me

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish