Honored Contributor

gel eyeliner pencil recommendations and

most regular pencils and smudge sticks seem to evaporate from my eyes regardless of the brand. The gels on the other hand stay but I wanted to try the pencil rather than using a brush. I like the idea because it seems to be quicker and easier. What have you tried and which ones are good?
Frequent Contributor

Re: gel eyeliner pencil recommendations and

Well I am with you love gel hate the extra work with the pot and brush. I just received the Trish Mcevoy Gel eyeliner in a pencil. I tried it yesterday for tightlining and it worked great, Looked nice, didnt smear to the bottom tightline (if you know what I mean) I dont know how that happens. Even happens with UD24. Most importantly didnt irritate my eyes and I wear contacts so I cannot have anything that will flake. Ordered it at the southern channel

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of the new pencil eyeliners companies are coming out with are being called gel eyeliners. I can't say if it's just marketing words or they are really gel. One of the better new pencils to come out lately under the category of gel pencil liner is Smashbox's Always Sharp. They are available in matte shades and shades with a little sparkle called Always Sharp 3D.

Bobbi Brown has also made her iconic gel pot liner in pencil form. I have not tried hers yet, but if they are anything like the pot liner it's probably all good. Laura Geller had a set on QVC which I saw recently. The day I saw the set it was a one-time only and the price was under $30. I usually like Laura's eyeliners, so I may eventually try this set.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies for responding Smiley Happy I saw the Geller bundle and would love to try it but of course they're completely sold out! The price was terrific in comparison to BB's one..I may try the Ulta store brand ($4.00 currently) and when I referred to the PC site, yea I find myself checking with her first, the only negative seemed to be that you get a tighter line with a brush. I have no trouble getting a clean line with the other pencils so I can't imagine why the gel would be any different. When LG is back on the 24th hopefully the set of 4 will be too!

Contributor

I recently bought 2 BB new gel eyeliner pencils in Sapphire & Scotch. I am very impressed with the staying power. They did not smear and I did not end up with raccoon eyes! Highly recommend!

Frequent Contributor

Recently tried the IT Cosmetics gel eyeliners and I love them. I was always having trouble with eyeliners smudging on me due to allergies. I got the brown/black color and am so impressed with it I will be getting other colors. It stays on all day and is easy and creamy to apply - no tugging. IT's (pun intended ) a winner!

Respected Contributor

I use Bobbi Brown, Tarte & Clinique

Trusted Contributor

I love Jordana 12 hour made to last gel eyeliner pencil. $2.49 at Walgreens.

Honored Contributor

Eureka! I went to Ulta, coupon in hand, with every intention of purchasing 3 of the gel pencil liners so I could take off the 3.50...went to the register and asked ' $4.00 each right?' "No, they're a dollar"

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yep..and they don't smudge or smear and stay on all day!! Glides on easily without any tugging. I have to go back and buy more (with a shopping list from my daughter in hand)

I'll admit not every Ulta product is a winner but this one sure is!

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 SPACKLE said:

Well I am with you love gel hate the extra work with the pot and brush. I just received the Trish Mcevoy Gel eyeliner in a pencil. I tried it yesterday for tightlining and it worked great, Looked nice, didnt smear to the bottom tightline (if you know what I mean) I dont know how that happens. Even happens with UD24. Most importantly didnt irritate my eyes and I wear contacts so I cannot have anything that will flake. Ordered it at the southern channel

Thank you!! That's exactly how I use a pencil liner -- top tightlining. I've been pretty happy with Styli-Style "semi-permanent" liners, but do have to dab the bottom ridge a few times. Yesterday I used another brand (forget what) and by the end of the day I looked like Alice Cooper. It was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, too. How do you remove Trish's? Thanks!

ETA: Just visited our Southern supplier, and they only have it in Deep Aubergine. Is that the only shade it came in, or are they just sold out of the others? Thanks.