Respected Contributor

Re: gel eyeliner pencil recommendations and

On 5/6/2014 Andreatoo said:

Eureka! I went to Ulta, coupon in hand, with every intention of purchasing 3 of the gel pencil liners so I could take off the 3.50...went to the register and asked ' $4.00 each right?' "No, they're a dollar"

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yep..and they don't smudge or smear and stay on all day!! Glides on easily without any tugging. I have to go back and buy more (with a shopping list from my daughter in hand)

I'll admit not every Ulta product is a winner but this one sure is!

what was the brand that you bought?

Super Contributor

Bobbi Brown's new ones...DEF NOT BARE Essentials (so smeary) or Tartes. Some good ones in drug store and Target, too.

Respected Contributor

Any from Walgreens? I am hitting that place tonight for the cerave eye cream that others have raved about.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 5/6/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/5/2014 SPACKLE said:

Well I am with you love gel hate the extra work with the pot and brush. I just received the Trish Mcevoy Gel eyeliner in a pencil. I tried it yesterday for tightlining and it worked great, Looked nice, didnt smear to the bottom tightline (if you know what I mean) I dont know how that happens. Even happens with UD24. Most importantly didnt irritate my eyes and I wear contacts so I cannot have anything that will flake. Ordered it at the southern channel

Thank you!! That's exactly how I use a pencil liner -- top tightlining. I've been pretty happy with Styli-Style "semi-permanent" liners, but do have to dab the bottom ridge a few times. Yesterday I used another brand (forget what) and by the end of the day I looked like Alice Cooper. It was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, too. How do you remove Trish's? Thanks!

ETA: Just visited our Southern supplier, and they only have it in Deep Aubergine. Is that the only shade it came in, or are they just sold out of the others? Thanks.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Thanks for the vision... and laugh.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/6/2014 LisaB said:

Any from Walgreens? I am hitting that place tonight for the cerave eye cream that others have raved about.

I buy Jordana at Walgreens -- 12 Hour Made to Last Gel eyeliner pencil

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 LisaB said:
On 5/6/2014 Andreatoo said:

Eureka! I went to Ulta, coupon in hand, with every intention of purchasing 3 of the gel pencil liners so I could take off the 3.50...went to the register and asked ' $4.00 each right?' "No, they're a dollar"

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yep..and they don't smudge or smear and stay on all day!! Glides on easily without any tugging. I have to go back and buy more (with a shopping list from my daughter in hand)

I'll admit not every Ulta product is a winner but this one sure is!

what was the brand that you bought?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear I bought their store brand in the gel pencil eyeliner for the first time. I was impressed and for one dollar you can't beat it with a stick!
Regular Contributor

Marc Jacobs gel liners are awesome and they are waterproof but come off easy with soap and water. LOVE them!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Andreatoo said:

Thank you ladies for responding Smiley Happy I saw the Geller bundle and would love to try it but of course they're completely sold out! The price was terrific in comparison to BB's one..I may try the Ulta store brand ($4.00 currently) and when I referred to the PC site, yea I find myself checking with her first, the only negative seemed to be that you get a tighter line with a brush. I have no trouble getting a clean line with the other pencils so I can't imagine why the gel would be any different. When LG is back on the 24th hopefully the set of 4 will be too!

I didn't like the LG ones. If I remember, they weren't totally smudge-proof, and the colors did not apply as well as the black.

(But I don't have any recs for gel pencils. I use Sephora's waterproof, and they wear very well for me.)

Respected Contributor

On 5/6/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/5/2014 SPACKLE said:

Well I am with you love gel hate the extra work with the pot and brush. I just received the Trish Mcevoy Gel eyeliner in a pencil. I tried it yesterday for tightlining and it worked great, Looked nice, didnt smear to the bottom tightline (if you know what I mean) I dont know how that happens. Even happens with UD24. Most importantly didnt irritate my eyes and I wear contacts so I cannot have anything that will flake. Ordered it at the southern channel

Thank you!! That's exactly how I use a pencil liner -- top tightlining. I've been pretty happy with Styli-Style "semi-permanent" liners, but do have to dab the bottom ridge a few times. Yesterday I used another brand (forget what) and by the end of the day I looked like Alice Cooper. It was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, too. How do you remove Trish's? Thanks!

ETA: Just visited our Southern supplier, and they only have it in Deep Aubergine. Is that the only shade it came in, or are they just sold out of the others? Thanks.

What store did you buy styli style pencils? I thought they went out of business as they are really hard to find I used to see them in CVS and Rite- aid but recently can't find them and they are great eyeliners.

Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking about trying IT's new gel pencils since the raves about their pot gel have been really good. My reasoning is if she can get the gel in the pot to be so good, stands to reason the pencils might also perform well.

My eyes are a real test as they love to smudge, flake, smear and anything else they can find to do to make me look as "raccoon like" as possible. Did order a TM kit with a gel pencil liner and shadow that should be here any day. Will post after I try it because if it withstands my eyes, it should work for anyone.

Smashbox's new one sounds promising too as I did do well with their original pot liners ..... do not recall what they were called.