Regular Contributor

does anyone have any recommendations for a foundation that doesn't look heavy, but covers? I've tried IT CC, but shades are wrong for me, bare minerals complextion rescue, nice but very little coverage and need a finishing powder.  Thanks for any suggestionsti

Trusted Contributor

Re: foundation for mature skin

I recently was on a quest for the same thing. Michael as I love the coverage of It cc cream, it's too yellow for my skin tone so, I tried cover girl's bb cream in light -med.which is the right shade and provides moisture for my dry combo skin. It doesn't cover much so I use physician's formula super bb stick under my eyes & for spot coverage. It works great for me. Hoping to see new shades from It cc cream. Also physicians formula has a nude wear foundation which is an all in one. It gives a nice finish. PP runs on the dark side so I use light and it's just right for me.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You may want to look at Stila's new foundation that is med. to full coverage and comes in a compact but it's not powder.  There is a video on their website explaining this foundation.  You could also check out Laura Mercier's website as she offers a variety of foundations which are highly rated.  Both cosmetic cos. do take returns so that's a good thing if you are happy.  Nordstorm also carries both cos. & offers free delivery/returns.  P.S.  e.l.f. has a wonderful SPF finishing powder for $6.00.  It surprised me.  Tarte & Laura Mercier also have very nice finishing/setting powders but, of course, more money.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Giorgio Armani Luminess Silk is expensive but good.
Super Contributor

Check out some of the Youtube videos "foundations for mature skin."  I find these helpful.

Respected Contributor

I use LG's Real Deal Concealer.  First I cover my face with Dr. Denese' Day Cream as  moisturizer and SPF protector.  Then I use Real Deal only in trouble areas where coverage is needed.. Sometimes I then cover with Bare Minerals when necesssary.  I know some do not like the Minerals for the aging face, but I find over Real Deal it is not too bad.

Super Contributor

I love smashbox cc cream.  It also helps dimish brown spots over time.  It has a range of colors.  I get mine at Ulta.  

Honored Contributor

Make-Up Forever HD liquid foundation.....one of the best I have found. I had perfect color match for my fair skin  #115

Jane Iredale powder foundation......another best for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this will work for you but I have a couple of inexpensive things which work pretty well for me.  I have mature skin, very sensitive and Rosacea, so I sure know what you are talking about.  You want coverage but you don't want every line or wrinkle accentuated.

Sometimes I do this:  Intead of foundation, I will first apply my moisturizer and allow to soak it.  Then, I use Cover Girl stick concealer -- CG Smoothers.  I dot in on in all my bad spots --- which for me --- is practically my whole face --- tapping and smoothing lightly.  If you need a little more in some areas, you can re-dot. Then, I use Physician's Formula Mineral Power ---this is in a compact.  I use it with a smooth powder applicator that you just buy at the drug store (like 3 in a pack) and not a brush - which tends to disturb the concealer.  This gives decent coverage.  

At other times, I use Cover Girl BB Cream.  It is nice because it is moisturizing and you can skip one step.  But it does not have great coverage.  So, after applying this, I let set for a few minutes and then once again, use my trusty Cover Girl stick concealer --- tapping and smoothing.  Then, apply the Physician's Formula Mineral Powder--- lightly.  

Hope these things help you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have mature but oily skin and prefer a powder foundation but find now that it looks cakey on me.  It and BM does not really work.  I thought that the IT CC powder foundation with spf 50 would be good but it looks so awful the longer it is on.  I hope you get more recommendations.  I would love to hear them.