Honored Contributor

? for users of PC clinical advanced redness relief

[ Edited ]

Sooooo...when you use this, do you actually get instant relief of redness or do you have to use it every day and gradually, over time, it reduces redness? I have several samples of it and due to not taking great care of myself for about a week and the temps getting colder, I had a little redness near my nose and on my chin. And I mean, a little bit, hardly noticeable but still noticeable to me since I haven't had any in quite awhile. But I used this product and have not seen any reduction in redness. I used it before my BHA, as it says to do. Then I tried it after BHA. Neither worked.

The redness is gone now but I know several of you swear by this product and said it was the only anti-redness product that actually worked so I was wondering if I was maybe using it incorrectly or if you have any tips? I know not everything works for everyone but since I have a few more packets left, next time I get some redness I will try it again and use any of the tips you may have.

TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: ? for users of PC clinical advanced redness relief

It's usually almost instant redness reduction for me. Not quite, but I put it on and go about my business for a while and then when I go to add my other products a few minutes later, the redness is decreased. I've also put it on at night and woken up with significantly less redness in the morning.

My redness is definitely noticeable without this, though. Mine is caused by irritation and isn't always present, but when it is, this takes care of it.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue thanks! Yeah, mine is from irritation too (not washing my face at night sometimes) and the cold can cause iritation too.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to be able to use this product; however, it contains propylene glycol -- a skin allergen for me.  The rest of the ingredients would be beneficial in relieving redness and/or irritation.

I need to add that I did try using this product several years ago, but it didn't improve the redness.  After skin allergen testing, I now understand why -- propylene glycol makes my complexion even more red from the irritation it causes.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, I've not had any improvement with this particular PC product.  I, too, have tried it before and after the 2% liquid BHA.  I'm not quite halfway through a bottle.

@ChynnaBlue, I'm envious of your results.

Honored Contributor

I use this on a cotton ball and redness is decreased within minutes.  I use it mostly on my nose which gets irritated and peels from the BHA and Retin A I use. I tried several sample packets first and knew I liked it right away so I ordered a full size. 

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@HappyDaze, I've not had any improvement with this particular PC product.  I, too, have tried it before and after the 2% liquid BHA.  I'm not quite halfway through a bottle.

@ChynnaBlue, I'm envious of your results.

@Bella Carro okay glad to know it isn't just me! I too am envious of the results several have mentioned they got. I figured with my very mild redness I get occasionally, it would work but I guess not. Happy it is working for others though- it is always nice to find products that deliver!