Contributor

Re: finishing powders....necessary or not

On 2/4/2014 Irishrose136 said:

MAKE UP FOREVER's HD Microfinish Powder -I use a kabuki brush. It leaves an airbrushed look. Love it!!!

This is what I use too--applied the same way. Absolutely love it!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a pro using powder to set makeup girl. Many of the newer translucent powders don't look powdery at all. The aforementioned Makeup Forever HD finishing powder is a perfect example. It's my favorite of the bunch. Others which impress me are Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish (I prefer the loose, but she does make a pressed); Laura Geller's Matte Maker Oil Blotting Powder and her Skin Diffuser Lose Baked powder; and an old favorite BE Mineral Veil (any shade).

Frequent Contributor

Great suggestions! Thanks again ladies!

Valued Contributor

I always use finishing powders after foundation and before blush and bronzers.My favorite ones are Mally and Jose Maran.Sometimes I mix them together in a bowl.I apply them with the Beauty blender sponge.

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2014 babyb said:

Thank you....I was not dreaming. I may try it before my Mally one is gone to do a real comparison. Do you remember the name? I might be able to find it by taking some time to look at the store, too. Hoping all stores that carry Cover Girl will have it, as I live in Small Town, USA.

The Cover Girl is Tru Magic and I love it. I found it at Rite Aid and Target. Target was cheaper. The bronzer one is not bad also.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely love finishing powders. Makes such a difference. Really like the smooth flawless look. Like looking at magic happen in the mirror. I have used many different ones, but my favorite is Mally, followed by Mineral Veil. Mally runs sales all the time on her web site if anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

Yep. I like a finishing powder and they've definitely come a long way. I like a light dusting of a translucent powder and you can't tell you have one on at all.

Super Contributor

I always use it to set my foundation and provide a powder base for blush and/or bronzer.

I have a couple from Avon and Almay. I only use translucent so they don't add any color.

Super Contributor

I really dislike Mally's face defender, I've tried it 2 separate times, and it did not do well on my skin. I saw the Covergirl version and was curious about it. But I prefer BE MV.

Super Contributor

Sometimes I use it, and sometime I don't. It just kind of depends on what my face looks like.