Super Contributor

favorite mascara--what do you think?

I have eyelashes that do not stay curled unless I use waterproof mascara.  Does anyone else have the issue?  I had a favorite mascara which was Mally's waterproof; then I tried some maybelline waterproof and loved it too; I also used Lancome defencils waterproof.  Dos anyone think that the more expensive mascaras are really better?  Curious to know what others think.  I am not that impressed or shall I say can't see much difference in the costlier formulas. 

Honored Contributor

Re: favorite mascara--what do you think?

@LittleT in KC wrote:

I have eyelashes that do not stay curled unless I use waterproof mascara.  Does anyone else have the issue?  I had a favorite mascara which was Mally's waterproof; then I tried some maybelline waterproof and loved it too; I also used Lancome defencils waterproof.  Dos anyone think that the more expensive mascaras are really better?  Curious to know what others think.  I am not that impressed or shall I say can't see much difference in the costlier formulas. 

@LittleT in KC Have you ever tried a heated eyelash curler? It works great for me.

I use Blinc mascara and wouldn't ever change. It comes off with cleanser and water.

No tugging or pulling around the eye area. It is a tube mascara.

Respected Contributor

I use the Cover Girl Clump Crusher in the green chubby tube. This isn't waterproof, does come in waterproof but I don't use a waterproof mascara. Anyway, this curls my lashes just fine and no clumps which is a super plus for me while it gives me the volume I need.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I use the Cover Girl Clump Crusher in the green chubby tube. This isn't waterproof, does come in waterproof but I don't use a waterproof mascara. Anyway, this curls my lashes just fine and no clumps which is a super plus for me while it gives me the volume I need.

that is probably my favorite drugstore mascara and definitely in my top five. my absolute favorite for the past year or so has been the lancome grandiose mascara.....love the forumla and love the brush. they are now making it in different colors also, which i have purchased. yes, it is expensive. i try to buy it when they are doing a gift with purchase OR when nordstrom has their buy two get one free mascara event.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Loreal (double ended) tubes mascara is my go to! I always keep a stock of it.

Honored Contributor

I won't and never use any waterproof mascaras. I have to easily wash it off. My go-to is always Clinique but when I'm in a pinch I'll pick up some Cover Girl, its just as good as a higher end brand. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use waterproof also , have hard to stay curled lashes and have found Maybelline to be really good but I also use Mally's, Tarte, Lancome, and many other waterproof mascaras.  I have eyelash/mascara OCD so I usually coat with more than one kind depending on what my eyelashes seem to need that day to get the look I want.  Some give great lenth but are to liquidy and take the curl out so I use those as a last coat. 

Honored Contributor

No waterproof for me.  I like L'oreal Voluminous, Tarte lights Camera action, Clinique High Impact and a few others.  I love Chanel's Le Volume, but it's tough to get off as is Benefit's They're Real.  I think the plastic-wand mascaras are tough to remove.

I want mascara easy to remove.  I don't want any tugging.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have had mascara "issues" for years until I found BLINC mascara, it's a tube forming mascara. You can cry OR rub it does not come off. BUT cry and rub together, it comes off.

Over the last year I also added IT Cosmetics Waterproof Tightline Mascara to my make-up. It works beautifully as well.

My mascara problems have been solved!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I have had mascara "issues" for years until I found BLINC mascara, it's a tube forming mascara. You can cry OR rub it does not come off. BUT cry and rub together, it comes off.

Over the last year I also added IT Cosmetics Waterproof Tightline Mascara to my make-up. It works beautifully as well.

My mascara problems have been solved!

Blinc is on sale at Haute Look, and I want to try it in the green or purple.  Have you tried any of the versions other than black or brown?  Just wondering how they show up--bright or subtle (I want subtle)?

Thanks!