Frequent Contributor

OMG- alot of the host have gone off the deep end with the faux tan !  Saw Kirsten today and man she looks really bad!  So does Shawn K.

What is wrong with not being fake and just accept what the Dear Lord has given you!

Respected Contributor

People need a break from faux tans - they start building up and look really unnatural and dirty.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind enhancing anything, but I agree that the hosts overdo things. Oversay, overdo.

These days I much prefer natural color.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about anyone that faux tans. You look much More beautiful with what God gave you. There is this one youtuber her name is Kelli Shrawk or something like that. She doesn't faux tan her face. So she is so pale and then uses a foundation to match her body that is like 6 times darker then her face. She looks hideous. It's to bad because she is a beautiful girl.

Honored Contributor

Funny to read this because there is a thread in fashion asking about Kerstin's faux tan because they liked it.  I think Kerstin looks fine but I think Shawn is a tad too dark.

Honored Contributor

If I'm wearing capris, I like coat one coat of Jergens Faux Tan lotion.

Valued Contributor

When I was 13 (back in 1968)  Coppertone had a product called QT.  It smelled wonderful and provided the worst looking tan a person could have.  My mom used to get mad because the "tan" came off on the sheets even though I took bath.  I gave up after that and never tried to tan again.

Honored Contributor

I do feel better with some color. I faux tan once a week spring till fall. I think Shawn applies it every day. Kerstin said she loves being outdoors so I think most of it is a real tan.

Trusted Contributor

What really looks silly is when the models tan their legs but the rest of the body is white. Colleen did that a while back. Tan legs but her arms, chest and face were stark white

Valued Contributor

@hellokitty wrote:

When I was 13 (back in 1968)  Coppertone had a product called QT.  It smelled wonderful and provided the worst looking tan a person could have.  My mom used to get mad because the "tan" came off on the sheets even though I took bath.  I gave up after that and never tried to tan again.

Oh my, I remember the smell of QT like it was yesterday....and the lovely shade of the orange tan!  

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!