Valued Contributor

Re: false eye lashes

[ Edited ]

Let me simplify it....

.. With practice, & the right lashes, & E/L glue, it's less work, & time, then putting on yr socks/shoes!   Smiley Wink

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor
The learning curve is pretty short.
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam are you talking about lash extensions or the lashes that have to be applied daily?

If you are talking about lash extensions, yes they are high maintenance IMO and expensive. I had them put on once and I never had them filled in nor have I had them put on again.

I loved the way they looked however there is a time commitment to having them done every 2-3 weeks, plus the expense.  You cannot really get into cleansing your eyes because of the lashes.  No rubbing make-up remover all over them.  You have to be very careful about what you use on your eyes.  You cannot use anything that has oil in it, including eyeliner. 

They naturally start to come out/fall off so you can be left with areas where you are missing extensions.  And your natural lashes are wrecked when the extensions come off.

If you are talking about glue on fake lashes, once you know how to apply them, it's really easy.  I have done a full strip lash and I never had an issue putting them on from day one.  I have also cut a full strip in half and applied them more towards the outer edge and I have also bought a cluster of wispy lashes that only goes on the very outer edge.  All very easy.

I have been using a lash growth serum so I don't need any of these false lashes, not that I wore them on a regular basis anyhow.  The only lashes I had a huge issue applying were the magnetic ones.  Those were a nightmare.      

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Am wondering,are false eye lashes high maintenance?I use mascara everyday,thinking wouldnt it be nice to wake up,shower,do your hair and be on you way?(not sure whats going on with the red line folks)

@Luvsmyfam   Are you referring to false lashes applied with a lash glue or actual lash extensions? If false lashes, I would not recommend sleeping in them. They should be removed before taking off your makeup. Sleeping in them could cause irritation if a lash bends into the eye, comes off and goes in the eye through your own lashes.

If you get by with a lash primer and mascara, except for special occasions, I'd say, go with that.

Lash extensions are only temporary.... maybe 3-5 weeks and do require maintenance to add back lashes or do another full set. It's best for your natural lashes to not have these done on a regular basis since they can damage your own lash follicles which may not let your own lashes grow back in.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I found them to be high maintenance, most likely because I wasn't very good at putting them on! Once on, they bugged me. Now I only use them for very special occasions, if at all!

@Jacie   I've only worn them several times and find them annoying and heavy. I do use them on clients, mostly brides or those having photos taken, family portraits, etc. 

Honored Contributor

No, I don't consider false lashes high maintenance.  I used to wear three coats of mascara and meticulously separate the clumps with a safety pin.  Oy, don't get me started on my obsession with mascara perfection! I first wore false lashes in 1981 when my daughter was born.  It was an effort to cut down on the time I spent getting ready.  I don't remember when I started wearing mascara again but I wore it till 3 years ago when my lashes stopped growing as long.  I haven't regretted it one bit!  I love all the different looks I can get.  I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver these today so I can wear them to physical therapy.  My favorite lashes are Ardell and Salon Perfect.  I prefer to get the lashes that have the invisible band.  They bend to your eye easier.  Tip...if you have to cut them, ALWAYS cut from the outer corner.  Tip 2...if you think you've given your glue long enough to get tacky, give it another 30 seconds.  Tip 3...Amazon sells an extra strength glue.  I also like the Naked Drama line of Kiss lashes.

Honored Contributor

Re: false eye lashes

[ Edited ]

NO!  Don't sleep in your lashes!  It won't hurt you but it will ruin your lashes unless you sleep on your back.

Respected Contributor

I do not like the look.  Maybe there are some that look like they could be natural but the ones I've seen are awful looking.  I see a young woman in the gym daily.  The first thing you notice is the blackness of her eyes.  The "line" on top is very heavy.  I saw her one day in the elevator with no makeup and I was so shocked to see that she is gorgeous underneath all of that blackness.  She has perfect features and pretty eyes.  I don't know why she bothers applying those heavy things every day.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  - I've worn false eyelashes and I can tell you they're easy to apply.  I love the look of them.  The biggest tip is to make sure the lash glue is almost dry before applying the lashes.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I ordered the mascara you recommended .I want to try false eye lashes bc they always look so nice and full on ladies