Esteemed Contributor

Re: facial brown spots and blotches

Some were having success with Ponds Clarant -- the niacinamide in there.

I would suggest vitamin C (in the different forms; i.e., L-ascorbic acid & the esters) over retinol or in conjunction with it. Vtamins A (retinol) and C increases cell turnover and in time, reduces the spots.

Super Contributor

I have used P T R, it helps, but any product for brown spots is a lifetime commitment .They can fade and be covered, but mine on my cheek never goes away.Way to much sun when I was younger.

Super Contributor

If you're not opposed to ordering online, I suggest taking a look at JJ Labs. I really like their vitamin c serum and Skin Whitening and Anti aging serum. You can cocktail these together or use them seperately. I've used the 20% vitamin c serum and just switched to the 25%. You can request a pump with your serum in the comment section at checkout. They also accept PayPal as a payment. Type jjlabs with no space in the search bar on etsy and you will see a list of all their serums. They are very reasonably priced!

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 doglover3 said:

I use and love Aveeno positively radiant facial cleanser both day and night. In time this will lessen any brown of discoloration on your face. If you want you can also use the Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer which will boost the affect.

I just use the cleanser day and night since my other routine is all Oil of Olay Regenerist line, serum day and night than on top of the serum for night I use the Regenerist microsculpture (red jar) moisturizer.

I do have dry skin and is somewhat sensitive. These work great for me.

I forgot to add, I also use the Aveeno positively radiant daily facial scrub although I don't use it every day. I use it 3 nights a week than moisturize well.

Valued Contributor

I have acne related spots and what my derm. gave me was these wipes that have fade cream in it and they do work. I would go to the doctor first because for ME...prescription items work must better than ANY over the counter item.

Valued Contributor

On 2/23/2015 River Song said:

Here is an article from Paula's Choice Skincare that talks about how to fade dark spots that you can copy/paste into your browser: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/beauty-buzz/_/how-to-fade-dark-spots-and-get-your-glow-bac...

And here's another article: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/brown-spots/_/brown-spots-and-uneven-skin-tone

The first article mentions niacinamide, one of the main ingredients in the Olay Regenerist line. The Olay Regenerist line gets good reviews, even from Paula's Choice and she seems to find fault with almost every product she reviews, lol. Ponds Clarant B3 face cream also has niacinamide in it and some of the ladies on the forum have had good results with it.

Valued Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 2/23/2015 River Song said:

Here is an article from Paula's Choice Skincare that talks about how to fade dark spots that you can copy/paste into your browser: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/beauty-buzz/_/how-to-fade-dark-spots-and-get-your-glow-bac...

And here's another article: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/brown-spots/_/brown-spots-and-uneven-skin-tone

The first article mentions niacinamide, one of the main ingredients in the Olay Regenerist line. The Olay Regenerist line gets good reviews, even from Paula's Choice and she seems to find fault with almost every product she reviews, lol. Ponds Clarant B3 face cream also has niacinamide in it and some of the ladies on the forum have had good results with it.

Super Contributor

I'm 72 - spots on hands only. What works for me is Avon Solutions' Banishing Cream. Takes a couple of days when you first use it ... but with continued use: No spots.

Honored Contributor

I think you need to decide if you want to use Hydroquinone or something more natural. 4% Hydriquinone will work faster than anything else, use it for about 3 months then stop.