Super Contributor

Sorry if this has been asked before but i have tried many different eyeliners and nothing stays over 2 hours. I do not have oily lids and i use twofaced shadow primer. Sometimes eye shadow is gone after 2 hours. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advanced.

Honored Contributor

You probably need a primer for your shadow and liner.  Give that a try and see what happens.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I use twofaced shadow primer

Respected Contributor

What I do is swipe just the tip of the bristles of a flat eyeliner brush in a pressed powder eyeshadow that's the same or close to the color of the eyeliner and dab it all along the eyeliner line. This sets the eyeliner and makes it last all day for me. Bullet-proof! LOL!

Super Contributor

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@plc123

I ordered Laura Geller eyeliner (4 diff colors) set and so far absolutely love them!  

I had the the same problem, stays on a bit OR smears off.  I swim everyday - and so far LG is the winner.  I don't use a primer but line after I put on my eyeshadow. (I'm not a heavy makeup wearer)

Im giving them the 30 day try & love the purple!

Respected Contributor

I like the Urban Decay shadows and their 24/7 liners.  They have good staying power for me.  They also have a nice primer that could extend the wear time.  That said, I think that liquid liners might have even better staying power.  I don't use them personally because I've had severe allergic reactions to the couple I've tried (there might be some that I can use, but after ending up on steriods to curb the reaction, I'm not willing to try any others!!!!)

Trusted Contributor

Everybody is different, but I used to have that problem all the time, and what works for me is the Urban Decay eye primer. A tube lasts forever, and it really stays put. As for eyeliner, I'm told liquid stays on well, but it's too hard to apply. So I use pencils, and work the liner right into the base of my eyelashes. The ones that stay on best for me are Clinique Kajal pencils, Dior pencils, and Laura Geller. I usually put my powdered eyeshadow, if I'm wearing any, on after the liner. 

Regular Contributor

Bobbi Brown gel liner in the little pot stays on forever and does not go anywhere. It takes a little practice,at least it did for me. Now I have permanent liner and haven't had to use liner in months! I love it!!

Valued Contributor

@KrissyE wrote:

Bobbi Brown gel liner in the little pot stays on forever and does not go anywhere. It takes a little practice,at least it did for me. Now I have permanent liner and haven't had to use liner in months! I love it!!

Here is another vote for the iconic gel liner.  It is as though the pencil & liquid liner got married and I find this is the best of both worlds. Liquids are more difficult to apply correctly while pencils pull the delicate eye lid too much.  I also am a BB gel liner fan.