Esteemed Contributor

Is there a style of eyeglasses that make ones nose look smaller? I have noticed my nose looks huge in one pair and they a larger pair of glasses, they have blackish frames with a little blue in them.

They look a little smaller in a rectangular wire frame. So, I am wondering if there is something else that would make my nose look even smaller. I have tried on many pair, and honestly not crazy about any of them. 

Honored Contributor

I googled our question ( is there an app where I can see how I’d look in various glasses) and a lot of websites came up.

download the app ( most are free) then pick glasses and you can take your picture or one that looks like you to see what style looks best on you.

Here are some that came up:  I was going to send you some websites but since qvc sells glasses too ( reading and sunglasses) so if I do they’ll zap my post.

Just google your question and they’ll come up.

Hope this helps you! ☺️

Honored Contributor

good optician can help you choose 

Honored Contributor

@happycat ......or you can choose your favorite frames, go to the makeup counter at dept. store & they can show you how easy it is to put a slightly darker shade of foundation (or contour powder) down the sides and tip of nose. Blend well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

good optician can help you choose 

Yes, its just hard to find one sometimes.....I have stayed with these gucci ones, have ordered the frames 3 different times now, I always go back to them. I look the best in them, but I'd like something else.

I wasn't crazy about the other glasses when I got them but I really didn't realize how big they made my nose look. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I need to do that, @Shanus

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, this is an excellent idea! Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

Can't we list other retailers as long as we don't supply an actual link?  I think they are more worried about infected links, not competition.  

Honored Contributor

Just recently I went to America's Best to have my first ever eye exam...I needed that to make sure I pass the eye test at the DMV this year...LOL!  While I was there waiting I took a stroll around their store and tried on a bunch of glasses. I could tell immediately that there were some which did not look good on me at all. So I avoided trying on any more of that style. But I did discover that the half-rim style looked great on me...I liked how the bottom half was almost invisible. Too bad those were the most expensive ones I picked out...LOL!  I didn't need them anyway as it turned out.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Just recently I went to America's Best to have my first ever eye exam...I needed that to make sure I pass the eye test at the DMV this year...LOL!  While I was there waiting I took a stroll around their store and tried on a bunch of glasses. I could tell immediately that there were some which did not look good on me at all. So I avoided trying on any more of that style. But I did discover that the half-rim style looked great on me...I liked how the bottom half was almost invisible. Too bad those were the most expensive ones I picked out...LOL!  I didn't need them anyway as it turned out.

Did you get the dmv certificate of vision exam form filled out by your eye doc? Then you don't have to take a dmv vision test.