Honored Contributor

Kiehl's Creamy Avocado eye cream. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Thank you hopi ... what a nice thing to say.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Denese MD33 Eye---works for the entire eye area and you only need a little bit. Works for my allergy, sensitive eyes in my 50++ age range.

Honored Contributor

After trying 3 eye creams from the Lancôme line in samples (GWP) I decided on Rénergie line. It is like the ‘Goldilocks’ cream for me —cooling, hydrating, non greasy & firming. 

I had liked the Absolue Premium BX line but it is their most expensive. The Bienfait was too greasy for my normal skin (even in winter months) & Énergie de Vie didn’t do much for me. 

A little goes a long long way for eye creams so just a dab on below brow area & below eyes is sufficient. I use a pignoli (pine nut) sized dab on each eye.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

the l'oreal age perfect eye cream is similar to the Lancome absolute. you can find a dupe in the l'oreal range for any of the Lancome lines. L'oreal is owned by Lancome. The age perfect eye cream is affordable, 10.75 on the Target website. I really like it and pick it up sometimes when my eye area is really dried out. like right now.

Trusted Contributor

@bunjetto,

This is also my area of concern. Love everything from skinceuticals and Dr. Perricone is working fine as well🌻

Honored Contributor

@donna71 wrote:

the l'oreal age perfect eye cream is similar to the Lancome absolute. you can find a dupe in the l'oreal range for any of the Lancome lines. L'oreal is owned by Lancome. The age perfect eye cream is affordable, 10.75 on the Target website. I really like it and pick it up sometimes when my eye area is really dried out. like right now.

@donna71  They’re not really a dupe. L’Oreal owns Lancôme...all research done in the same labs. Some products for L’Oreal go to drugstores w/ ordinary packaging. The creams w/ similar ingredients, but much nicer jars and a fancier name go to dept. stores. Lancôme charges more because they have to pay for top location counter space, more advertising, and counter makeup artists. L’Oreal, w/ very similar ingredients, similar French name, is less $ because it’s self-service.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus,

You are sooooo right Loreal owns everything!

Skinceuticals to start with. According to my dermatologist their R&D labs are amazing🌻

Honored Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

@bunjetto If you have a moisturizer you already like, you may be able to use it around the eyes as well. Some you can, some you can't. Some moisturizers do travel into your eye and make you weepy. Some don't. I say experiment.

While there are good reasons to use an eye-area-specific serum (because some of the treatment needs are different--like puffiness and circles and just extremely thin skin without oil glands), if you want strong moisturization, try out your favorite unscented moisturizers on the area and see if they work.

But you wanted an eye cream recommendation so here's mine: SkinActives has a very good eye cream: Bright-I Cream. It has great ingredients and a very low price. You can find it on the SkinActives website.

@Porcelain  Please do not use your face moisturizer under your eyes. It seems that moisturizer is moisturizer, but it’s actually too rich & too heavy for delicate under eye skin. The result? Puffy eyes, irritation and milia...those annoying little white bumps that look like white heads. Many form from clogged pores under the eyes, using heavy eye creams, oils, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@porcelain wrote:

@bunjetto If you have a moisturizer you already like, you may be able to use it around the eyes as well. Some you can, some you can't. Some moisturizers do travel into your eye and make you weepy. Some don't. I say experiment.

While there are good reasons to use an eye-area-specific serum (because some of the treatment needs are different--like puffiness and circles and just extremely thin skin without oil glands), if you want strong moisturization, try out your favorite unscented moisturizers on the area and see if they work.

But you wanted an eye cream recommendation so here's mine: SkinActives has a very good eye cream: Bright-I Cream. It has great ingredients and a very low price. You can find it on the SkinActives website.

@Porcelain  Please do not use your face moisturizer under your eyes. It seems that moisturizer is moisturizer, but it’s actually too rich & too heavy for delicate under eye skin. The result? Puffy eyes, irritation and milia...those annoying little white bumps that look like white heads. Many form from clogged pores under the eyes, using heavy eye creams, oils, etc. 

@Shanusand @Porcelain, milia are not formed from clogged pores. They are keratin-filled cysts, which can be tiny or slightly larger. While they may look and feel like whiteheads, they are not acne at all. Most experts state they are the result of some type of trauma to the skin, such as sun damage or chemical damage.

https://www.healthline.com/health/milia

I do not use a cream supposedly dedicated to any one area. I do use my Paula's Choice Skin Recover moisturizer all over my face, including under my eye area.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland