Super Contributor

estee lauder gift with purchase (lily pulitzer)

Hi everyone,

Did anyone get the most recent Estee Lauder promotion running at different stores? If you did, could you review the quality of the skincare & makeup that came as part of that gwp? I'd really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} p.s. there's a new summer promotion running at Nordstrom which is why I was curious.

Super Contributor

Re: estee lauder gift with purchase (lily pulitzer)

I had never tried EL but after so many recommendations here on the DW foundation, I tried it. Got the gwp including the Lily bag. Unfortunately the EL MU did not play well with my skin tone, so I had to return the gift. Only thing I missed was the bag itself- a very attractive medium pink & green-accented bag ( very richly made ).

Sorry, can't rate the cosmetics fairly because I honestly did not like the line.

Good luck with your quest for info. Hope you get the gwp. Smile

Super Contributor

Thanks Irishrose136, I love colors of the bag as well and do like EL doublewear foundation - only thing is that I can hold off on buying it so I was wondering if the gwp products were worth splurging for earlier! Hmm..I guess if I'm thinking about it so much, I don't need it!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Pixie dust.....GET IT! I love and use everything in it! First off the makeup pouch is beautiful. It's plastic and can be easily cleaned, if necessary.Love the eyeshadow quad which are browns and brown/burgundy colors. The Sumptuous Lifting mascara is great. My eyelashes grow downward and this mascara helps them stay up. The Lip Conditioner is great....doesn't have that heavy feeling like Chapstick. I've never been one for creams, serums, etc. but I am loving the Resilience Lift for daytime and the Advanced Night Repair for bedtime. The lipstick, Candy Shimmer, is GORGEOUS but I can't wear it. I have horrible vertical lip lines (hereditary....I don't smoke) so I have to wear Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Color. It's the only lipstick I've found that does not travel. This is the first GWP that I have actually used all the items. Hope this helps.
Honored Contributor

Was the deal with purchase of skin care or MAKEUP? I must have missed that. I thought the tote was beautiful.
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the Nordstrom promo!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

Hi everyone, sorry..I misspoke, I meant to say that they are having an Estee Lauder gwp at Lord and Taylor. It's a summer Lily Pulitzer tote with lipstick, gloss, mascara, skin cream, makeup cleanser and 2 Lily Pulitzer travel sized bottles.

HollywoodLady, thanks for the review {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}..decisions,decisions..

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/10/2014 pixiedust said:

Hi everyone, sorry..I misspoke, I meant to say that they are having an Estee Lauder gwp at Lord and Taylor. It's a summer Lily Pulitzer tote with lipstick, gloss, mascara, skin cream, makeup cleanser and 2 Lily Pulitzer travel sized bottles.

HollywoodLady, thanks for the review {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}..decisions,decisions..

I think the gift is cute and I like most EL products, but I'm saving myself for the Nordies mascara sale on the 24th. Hope they have a good gift from someone then.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Oh. I had received a LP MU bag from Macy's. This tote looks beautiful!!!!! I'd go for it if I needed skin care or foundation.

Occasional Contributor

I love Estee Lauder Day Wear moisturizer with SPF. It's about the only EL product I buy. I did try many of the foundations but find Elizabeth Arden works best for me. My Day Wear is usually running low around the time a GWP is offered.