Respected Contributor

I finally purchased the primer. Dumb question, do I apply with my fingers or a sponge? It doesn't say on the packaging.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I finally purchased the primer. Dumb question, do I apply with my fingers or a sponge? It doesn't say on the packaging.

I apply it with my fingers and then smooth it with a foundation brush. A sponge would also work; it depends on your preference. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: elf putty primer

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

@catter70 

elf makes a $6 Putty Primer Brush for that. Has a scoop on one end. I've used my own brush or my fingers and that works fine for me. The key is not to apply too much. A little is all you need, not even a pea-size amount. More like half-pea size to do face and maybe neck if you need that. Brush seems to put down too much imo.

Respected Contributor

I use my fingers to apply primer.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I find it takes so little to cover face that when I used a brush or sponge, I just picked up too much at once. To keep from putting too much primer on, I put a very small dab on back of my left wrist then use two fingers on right hand to place on face. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: elf putty primer

[ Edited ]

There's a 4-hour flash sale going on right now for all of the putty primers...25% off. Comes to $6.75 each.

Flash sale ends 6pm et.