Valued Contributor

ebay to order high end products?

I never have but wanting to order the Perricone Deep Crease serum if I can find it listed. It's so expensive full price. I know people have been scammed and you have to be really careful. Wondered if others do it and it works out.

Honored Contributor

Re: ebay to order high end products?

[ Edited ]

I have been ordering my high end cosmetics from ebay since 2004, not been scammed that I know of. Remember if there is an issue PayPal will refund you. I have ordered Perricone several times, last time was a 3 pc boxed trial kit with the Deep Crease, an eyelid product and a moisturizer. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't do it.  I did try a few items maybe 10 years ago and got rooked.  Not with counterfeit goods but with castoffs from Ebayers desperate to nake a buck.  One was a tube of Gingerbread Man gloss in the original container.  She claimed it was brand new, that she had just never used it.  It arrived 3/4 empty.  Another was a supposedly unused foundation that seller kept in the frig.  It was rancid. Both of these women implied by their name that they were religious.   Ebay (Paypal) started protecting buyers some time after that so they will back you if you decide to take a chance and get stung. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to order Ethocyn products from Ebay.  Never had a problem and never felt like anything I ordered was counterfeit.  I know at one point, a lot of the lines were having their products taken down claiming they were counterfeit.  Made me mad since it seemed to me that if I bought a kit and wanted to sell the products in the kit I didn't want, I should be able to.  I currently have an Elemis toner I should try selling since I just don't use toners.  

ETA, check the seller's rating and read the actual reviews.  That'll give you a better idea if you want to deal with them.

Respected Contributor

@Nadine  Go to the Perricone website and add your email to get emails on their specials. Seems like every day they are giving huge discounts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine wrote:

I never have but wanting to order the Perricone Deep Crease serum if I can find it listed. It's so expensive full price. I know people have been scammed and you have to be really careful. Wondered if others do it and it works out.

@Nadine 

Today on the GMA Deals website that Deep Crease Serum is on sale for $89! (reg $179).  At that price, if I were you I would buy as many as you can afford. Serums generally have a shelf-life of 2 years.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine  - I've been a buyer on Ebay for the past 20 years and have had success with everything from clothing, beauty items, etc.

If you ever have an issue with a seller and cannot properly get it resolved, Ebay will step in and take care of it.  Case in point - Several years ago I ordered a bottle of perfume.  I never received the product and could never get a response from the seller.  I filed a dispute (very easy) with Ebay.  Ebay immediately refunded my money and took on the problem with the seller.

Ebay would not be as successful as they are today if they were a risky operation.  Should you decide to purchase, I suggest purchasing from a seasoned seller with good feedback.  You won't have any problems.

Esteemed Contributor

For beauty and haircare I always look for high volume sellers with good feedback at 99% or higher. If there are negatives and I've never purchased from them, I read the issue. A damaged box in shipping isn't a deal breaker for me.

I also look at their other items or store. I want beauty from a beauty only seller. I won't buy Perricone from a guy with tires, jumper cables and shoes for sale.

Haircare or hair color I look for the same. Seller with salon quality products only.

Honored Contributor

NO way would I. 

Honored Contributor

Right now Rakuten has 15% back from Perricone and Top Cashback has up to 20% depending on if you are first time customer. This could be a deal breaker right here.