Trusted Contributor

I've never used e.l.f. cosmetics. I only know they're inexpensive and seemed to have developed a much larger following over the last few years. In the last week, I've seen 3 articles written (one of the directed at mature women) raving about their favorite e.l.f. products, some used the words, "Holy Grail".

I've never considered using them, primarily because their low price made me question their integrity.

Any e.l.f. users? Any e.l.f. "holy grail" finds? I'd like to know your comments or stories.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny 

I don't wear much makeup, but I have purchased and repurchased their blush palettes and go back to them over and over.

The colors are lovely and they give a nice finish without being overwhelming.  I have light olive skin and can wear almost any color, so it works for me.

Last time I looked they had two selections, but each had 4 colors, so that was more than enough for me.

I've not tried any of their other products, but I know they are very popular.

Honored Contributor

Re: e.l.f. cosmetics?

[ Edited ]

I buy their $3 Instant Lift Brow Pencils. I used YBF for years until I found the e.l.f. pencils and never went back. 

I also use e.l.f.'s $9 Poreless Putty Primer. Some people say it's a good dupe for Tatcha's Silk Canvas Balm. All I know is that I like it b/c it keeps my my makeup looking fresh all day. It's multi-purpose and can be used on your entire face including eyes and lips.

The e.l.f. $8 Powder Blush Palette is also one I like.

ETA - Love their  $5 Angled Blush Brush.

Honored Contributor

Integrity, low prices? Most cosmetics have pretty much the same formula.

Honored Contributor

I liked their clear lip liner; however, I have not used in a long time because of not wearing lipstick all the time.  Any way, the clear liner keeps your lipstick on your lips.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I really like ELF products.  It was started by Scott Vincent Borba.  He's had a line at QVC before. I don't think it exist any more.  

I love the brushes.  They are the only ones I buy now.  The Brow Wow and the Pencil I can't live without.  

It's a great line.  Don't be such a snob! LOL  JK

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , I just noticed the putty primer yesterday. How do you apply it? Thanks, in advance.

Honored Contributor

they are OK, some hits some not so great

it's all cheap enough to try out

Honored Contributor

Re: e.l.f. cosmetics?

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

@SilleeMee , I just noticed the putty primer yesterday. How do you apply it? Thanks, in advance.

@catter70 

I just use my fingers. The consistency is like a very thick butter. One time I tried using a foundation brush to apply it and that wasted too much product.

Respected Contributor

I have used several elf products over the years they are not expensive seem to work just fine.  I'm currently using elf liquid foundation the cost is six dollars.