Trusted Contributor

Re: e.l.f. SPF 45 Sunscreen, sheer loose powder

You still need a sunscreen. SPF only relates to UVB rays, and the UVA ones do the most damage. For the best protection, you need at least 12% zinc oxide, and like any sunscreen it needs to be applied liberally. Maybe more than once or twice during the day, too.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Frequent Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Dazlin said:

Can anyone describe the finish...very matte, dewey??? Chaulky?

It has a matte finish, not chalky at all on me. It also has a *slight* tint to it. I am fair skinned and this sort of warms up my complexion. To address the messy issue someone else mentioned, this has a sifter top on it covered by the usual plastic tape. I learned long ago to punch a few holes in that plastic covering and not take it off completely this way you control the amount that comes out. I do this on any product that has a sifter top. I hope this is helpful.
~Smile when the butterfly escapes the killing jar.~
Honored Contributor

Be aware that ELF products are made in China! That's why they are so cheap.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 vaccinia said:

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't heard about this product, but I'm going to Target later to pick up some of the setting spray, so I will look for it. I'm also planning to try the finishing powder someone recently started a thread on, but this would be nice for touch-ups during the day.

Their HD loose setting powder is very good.

Honored Contributor

I like to add it to my Bare Minerals mixture (I mix my own mineral powders) to increase the SPF.

Does anyone know if their HD powder has any SPF in it?