Honored Contributor

drugstore.com- drugstore dollars rewards

Just a reminder for those who shop on Drugstore.com that the drugstore dollars program ended yesterday, in terms of accumulating rewards.  You can use those rewards starting today and it ends 9/30.

I just placed my final order with them and used my rewards.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: drugstore.com- drugstore dollars rewards

I love this store - why is it closing.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

I love this store - why is it closing.

@hopi- I don't know.  I'd read a thread here a few weeks ago that they were  closing.  When you go to their site, they don't have any announcements, but they do have the announcement about the drugstore dollars program ending.  I think I googled it also and saw the news.  Not profitable I guess.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I read on here in a different post that earlier Walmart had bought them and now they are closing them down.  Maybe some kind of takeover on their part to control this sort of market.  Beats me.  I loved this site also.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I read on here in a different post that earlier Walmart had bought them and now they are closing them down.  Maybe some kind of takeover on their part to control this sort of market.  Beats me.  I loved this site also.  

Nope, it was Walgreens that bought them out.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Nope, it was Walgreens that bought them out.

@ID2

Oh, right -- I stand corrected!  I get these 2 mixed up all the time!  Thanks for clarifying!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It has been owned by Walgreens for a long time now they want to concentrate on getting more biz for the Walgreens web site.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It has been owned by Walgreens for a long time now they want to concentrate on getting more biz for the Walgreens web site.

If they want more business they need to ship and more stuff.

More than half the stuff on their site says in-store only.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

If they want more business they need to ship and more stuff.

More than half the stuff on their site says in-store only.

I think that is their intention.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed my final order earlier today.

If anyone has Drugstore dollars to use I wouldn't wait too long to use them, even though you have until September 30. I was going over my list last night making sure the items I wanted were 'in stock', and this morning a few items on my list were 'no longer available'  when I was ready to order. Stock could've been low to begin with OR people are not waiting to use their dollars.

Quite awhile ago I noticed that Philosophy products were no longer on the website (long before the news of the website being shut down was announced) and today I noticed that Too Faced is now gone. It also seems like some of the remaining brands are starting to dwindle down in what products are available in their line. Between now and September 30, who knows what other brands or products will be gone?