Honored Contributor

Re: drinkable collagen- no scientific data it is effective

[ Edited ]

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Has collegen helped anyone with gastro issues?...like firmimg up what comes out the other end LOL

Yes, for me that's an unfortunate side effect. Maybe okay for other people but for me it's not been a pleasant experience.

Honored Contributor

I thought the presentation last night lacked a lot of good information, and it was ridicuously expensive, only a months supply and a glass bottle for $75, yikes!! Does the Q sell the refills?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. I disagree with this as well.  I was taking one form of collagen capsule in the morning and another form at night.  Each of them require multiple capsules per dose.  It became monotonous and I eventually fell off the wagon.  I used to believe that certain kinds of collagen couldn't be taken at the same time but not so sure that's true anymore.  I am taking Codeage multi collagen peptide powder, been on it about a month, and am noticing positive effects.  My joints are doing better and I'm able to move around (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) with new found ease.  Even my DH noticed.  I also believe it's helping with my skin.  I'm in the process of losing weight and while it shows on my face, I don't have sagging skin.  I attribute that to taking the collagen.  It's also good for your gut health.  

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Has collegen helped anyone with gastro issues?...like firmimg up what comes out the other end LOL

You might need more fiber for that.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Yes, for me that's an unfortunate side effect. Maybe okay for other people but for me it's not been a pleasant experience.

Oh no, clogging up the system is not good either, balance is key, thanks for your input @SilleeMee 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee You may want to hang in there a bit longer to see results. It took 6 months for me and that was 2 years ago. Wouldn't go a day without the powder in my coffee in the morning. My 61 y/o skin has no wrinkles! Best of luck!

Honored Contributor

I have noticed a correlation (meaning both happening at the same time) between when I started taking collagen peptides (not just plain collagen powder), and my acid reflux going away. I can't prove a causation (meaning definite cause and effect). But it's a great and unexpected possible side effect. My skin is firmer for sure, especially around my eyes and on my arms.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Drinkable collagen has been around for a a while and doctors/experts agree there is no scientific data that it benefits the skin in any way,,,,as one expert said" the collogen in powder form is completely broken down and once ingested, we don't know where it goes"

@ellaphant 

Totally agree!

And boy....ever since Kourtney Kardashian started promoting it,

it’s everywhere on social media!

People who believe it works doesn’t know how the Human Body works.

Also...being an animal product, it will cause inflammation & restrict

the cardiovascular system...which will decrease blood flow, which will

negate any ‘benefit’ if there were any. It just doesn’t even make sense.

Its disheartening to see people really wanting to make change

and be sold a product or dietary idea which doesn’t serve

them in the long run. It breaks the spirit when things don’t work. 

Honored Contributor

It is amazing at the half baked and pur misinformation spouted here every time nutrition, supplements or diet is mentioned.

It is the same old same old, and through the years most supplements and odd diets have been proven to be at the least not helpful and the most harmful.

So it always comes back to moderation, a variety in your diet, not too much fat, enough fiber, foods of different colors and a good variety that satisfies and sustains the omnivores humans are. 

Anyone for eggs and grapefruit for the next month?  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

It's a forum with lots of different people gathered here. We've got experimenters, back to basics folks, people who are open to most new ideas, skeptics, people who try to be fair, people who don't feel obliged to be fair, people who want to be guided in what to do, people who want to tell others what to do, people who don't care what anyone does...

And one thing is for sure, everyone thinks they are right.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr