Respected Contributor

Re: drinkable collagen- no scientific data it is effective

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can hardly wait to see Shawn selling chicken feet and enumerating their virtues on her beauty shows.

I have a better idea: chicken feet gummies! 

My favorite dim sum place has great chicken feet- I better eat them more often...

The Colla Holla I  have been taking for about 6 months is defintiely showing me some results, both in my skin and haor, AND my joints...

But dim sum sounds pretty good right now...

Honored Contributor

Collagen is supposed to help with leaky gut syndrome. I think it helps with my skin’s elasticity. I use bovine but maybe I’d be better off with marine for skin issues. 

Honored Contributor

My son took bovine collagen 10grams a day in a smoothie for 6 months and did not  see a difference in anything. He's only 35 and already had thick hair and great skin and big muscles so I don't know what he was expecting to improve.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

My son took bovine collagen 10grams a day in a smoothie for 6 months and did not  see a difference in anything. He's only 35 and already had thick hair and great skin and big muscles so I don't know what he was expecting to improve.

@blackhole99 

Even though your son is 35 with great hair, skin, and muscles, he may be using the "ounce of prevention" concept!

There is advice that way younger people use like Retin-A, perhaps starting in their 20's to preserve their skin's collagen and prevent wrinkles.

Some things may be found to be helpful to staving off aging issues.  Think Omega 3 fatty acids, for example.  However, the next study may say they are bad for you!

Sometimes a saying I've read just makes sense :  "eat right, exercise, die anyway."

Hyacinth