Regular Contributor

does your josie argon reserve smell bad?

[ Edited ]

Hi QVC Beauties!

My Argon Reserve has a bad smell to it, and i am wondering if anyone else has that too?

I am not sure if it's because of the purity of the product, or if mine is rancid. None of the other argon products that i have smell that way..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: does your josie argon reserve smell bad?

@Merciful One, I cannot detect any scent at all, and I have a keen sense of smell. Did you purchase it at Q or her website? (I got mine from Q.)

I must add, I am not that impressed and have notions of returning mine.

Regular Contributor

I bought mine from Q. I just started using it a couple of days ago, so i don't know if it works or not yet. The scent is distinct, but not awful. I just didn't know if it was "normal".

What have you seen with yours that makes you dissatisfied?

Contributor

It has a distinct smell but not offensive.  I find it to be really very effective.  I believe you have to gently press it into your areas of concern.  In a few days I noticed a difference in the look of both the fine and deep lines, a softening .

Esteemed Contributor

@Merciful One

I have a lot of personal experience with a lot of the different oils, and I was more intrigued by the Reserve's claim to reduce discoloration, though my couple of "spots" are actually hard to detect (without the 10x).

The trouble is, I do not care for the consistency of this oil. I never cared for the consistency of cold-pressed argan oil. The Reserve seemed to have more body, so I wanted to try it.

I've kind of gotten away from using the oils because my skin is already nicely balanced. I don't use moisturizer at night, and when I put the reserve on, it feels like I need to wash it off.

I am debating on whether I want to invest the time to use up this half-ounce. In any event, it is way over-priced. For discoloration, I have another more tried-and-true, ungreasy-feeling method.

But maybe I will try the press method that JadenP wrote about on my 2 little "areas of concern." 

(We should all have concerns like this!)

Regular Contributor

I like the argon oil and also Tarte's maracuja oil, though i use so many things and still have issues so i don't know what is and is not working!

I just wanted to be sure that this Reserve is not a bad batch. It definitely IS expensive so i just want to get what i paid for.

Regular Contributor

Harpa

I find that there is no scent to my regular argon oil and that is why i wondered about the quality of this particular bottle. Natural products can go bad more quickly than those with preservaitves for obvious reasons.

Hmmm...I am just not sure...

Esteemed Contributor

@Merciful One

Most oils have "natural preservative" built right in. I don't think the original JM argan oil has any added preservative. However, you are correct, in that oils can go bad, but I doubt it in the case of her Reserve. It is too new of a product. Shelf life for oils on average is 2 years, unless exposed to heat & light.

In any case, as far as performance, I am finding the Reserve to be no more or no less than any of the other substative oils I have tried.

Regular Contributor

I agree!

I have not seen any difference with the reserve.