Regular Contributor

do you add oil to your length ? or just scalp?

Wondering if it wouldn't be helpful to put it all over ?

Valued Contributor

Re: do you add oil to your length ? or just scalp?

I do both. I do tea tree on my scalp then split my length in two and put a dropper full per side, really working it in like my cc. I usually do a seasonal on my length.
Valued Contributor

I add it to both to help with split ends.

Super Contributor

I do both.

Honored Contributor

I only apply it to my scalp. I had occasionally used a tiny tiny amount for extra shine or tame frizzies but WEN oils are a little too heavy for my hair and even when I use just a tiny amount, it tends to look a little greasy. So I use lighter oils for my length if I need it.

Respected Contributor

Oil throughout the hair and if your hair is dry, I would put extra oil on your ends.

Honored Contributor

Most of the time I just do the scalp (4 droppersful), then massage it in. Whatever is left on my fingers/hands, I'll rub over my length as I twist it to put it up. Every now and then I'll purposely apply more to the length. My hair is fine so I only do oils for overnight treatments in advance of cleansing. I don't use any during my cleansing or styling. The only exception would be if I add a few drops to a deep conditioning treatment.

Super Contributor

I do both - my ends get dry from heat styling tools.

Super Contributor

I use it on my length as an overnight treatment. I can't use the oils as a leave in for styling because it makes my hair look oily.

Trusted Contributor

When I use it on my scalp as a treatment, I put the leftover from my hands on my ends. I have naturally curly hair and my ends are always dry so I add about half dropper to my ends only on the day I wash.