Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I was only able to see Dimitri for a few minutes one day and then watched his final hour last night.  He does seem to be settling in and getting more comfortable.  At the end of the hour, Dimitri complimented Brett Chuckerman on how well prepared he was and said he enjoys working with him.  This isn't the first time, I saw them together last month and he said something similar.  They really work well together. IMO. 

Sometimes the other hosts have kinda gotten things wrong and Dimitri would have to correct them (if they were even paying attention).  For instance, the Pep 40 Laugh Line treatment is for lines AROUND the lips, nasal-labial lines, and marionette lines (some use it on their 11 lines).  One hostess was going off on her own and said you can use it "on and around the lips".  That's misleading, Dimitri has never said that.  Someone could purchase it, use it as she described, and then leave a negative review if they still have the lines above their lips or other places where they neglected to apply it appropriately.  The hosts need to follow Brett's lead and better prepare themselves on the items they're presenting.  Yes, they might know the stories inside-out on things they've presented a gazillion times, but many of them are new to Skinn.

I JUST ordered the Pep 40 laugh line treatment...(for my marionette lines)...do u think I'll be pleased?? This is my first Skinn purchase...I enjoyed watching him yesterday..used the 20% coupon and free ship...so I think I got a good deal~Woman Happy

@emmysmom  I don’t know how I missed this - my apologies.  By now, you’ve had a chance to get started on the Pep 40 Lip and Laugh Line treatment.  I hope you’re starting to see results.  Remember that it gets applied after your serums and moisturizer. For marionette line, 11’s, laugh lines, etc. apply directly in the fold.  For lip lines, it does not go directly on the lips, apply right outside the lip.  I use it and have had the most success with lip lines and marionette lines.  My laugh lines are a little more stubborn.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I turned on HSN yesterday and was shocked.  Way too much surgery.  He was so weird I switched channels...I have tried some of his products and they were nothing special for my oily skin.  I used to like to just listen to his sales pitch but I could not get past the new look. 

I was shocked, too. I think he looks kind of silly and I'm a fan of his. I know about his hair becuz he told us. But he's always said his lips were plump becuz of his lip salve or whatever it's called. Not true anymore. In the clip I watched he was slurring his words somewhat from the lip fillers. So now he can't say it's from his product becuz that would be an un-truth. His cheekbones definitely look enhanced. As for surgery, no. When would he have time?? Except maybe between the time he left Evine and Went to HSN. It was enough time to heal. I see his neck starting to age, so that will be next I think. Here's the thing. His goal is not to deceive us. He's doing it for himself. He wants to look the way he wants to look. He can afford it. Go for it, Dimitri. Just don't tell us it's from your products. His skin looks gorgeous. You can't get that from a facelift. It's probably his products.

Contributor

Dmitri has great products, but I agree he's gone way too far with the surgery and fillers. I do a doube-take every time he's on air because his face keeps changing. 

Contributor

I noticed the cheekbones, too, but I wasn't sure if it was because he had lost weight or if he had implants. The whole shape of his face looks different.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

IMO Dimitri is not satisfied with himself and never will be, he needs psychotherapy not plastic surgery. 

like 99% of all human beings.... we are all so hard on ourselves even when we are really fantastic.  Look at Oprah.... amazingingly successful, yet still insecure about her appearance and her weight. Dimitri  has achived so much in the beauty industry and really knows his business... but he is also human and can not love himself enough to just accept that he will never be perfect. 

Respected Contributor

i only watched a few minutes yesterday but did hear him comment on how he has had nothing done.  like we are supposed to believe this and that his looks only come from his products!

Valued Contributor

WOW! I cannot believe that someone is now diagnosing Dimitri with a mental health issue and actually prescribing therapy. I guess the poster must be a physician that has had him in counseling and if that is true just violated HIPPA. Look, I believe that it is disgraceful to atttack D's health or looks here. After I read the attacks here, I am disappointed in people. What have we all become????We pass judgement on people we do not know . Why can we not only wish everyone well and MOVE ON. Do not watch him.....if you do not like his appearance, do not judge.

Maybe if more people looked at others as though they were part of their own family, they would not attack. Personal attacks are unnecessary.  

These posters should not be given the space to post. Speak of the products, not the person. I know that freedom of speech is what we have here but why behave in such a negative manner????

I hope in the future, we can discuss the products and not label or criticize the vendors. Hopefully, this will become a reality in the future.

Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

WOW! I cannot believe that someone is now diagnosing Dimitri with a mental health issue and actually prescribing therapy. I guess the poster must be a physician that has had him in counseling and if that is true just violated HIPPA. Look, I believe that it is disgraceful to atttack D's health or looks here. After I read the attacks here, I am disappointed in people. What have we all become????We pass judgement on people we do not know . Why can we not only wish everyone well and MOVE ON. Do not watch him.....if you do not like his appearance, do not judge.

Maybe if more people looked at others as though they were part of their own family, they would not attack. Personal attacks are unnecessary.  

These posters should not be given the space to post. Speak of the products, not the person. I know that freedom of speech is what we have here but why behave in such a negative manner????

I hope in the future, we can discuss the products and not label or criticize the vendors. Hopefully, this will become a reality in the future.

@sandylu. We don’t have freedom of speech on these forums. If you have problems with a post use the Report Inappropriate button and inform the Mods. They are in charge here.

Respected Contributor
What QVC & HSN need is a “Gossip” Forum.........this whole subject about Dimitri or anyone else is so very, very sad. Who cares what a person has done to their face.........! SPECULATION..........very SAD! This is the “Beauty” Forum........not a “Gossip” Forum! Shouldn’t the discussion be around Beauty Products..........😱 just saying!
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
What QVC & HSN need is a “Gossip” Forum.........this whole subject about Dimitri or anyone else is so very, very sad. Who cares what a person has done to their face.........! SPECULATION..........very SAD! This is the “Beauty” Forum........not a “Gossip” Forum! Shouldn’t the discussion be around Beauty Products..........😱 just saying!

@Naturesbeauty  -  it's some form of entertainment for some here,  regardless of the product or vendor. Speculation, no facts - which is a WASTE of time to debate or discuss.  And notice, it's the same sad unhappy posters that initiate these discussions.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri