Valued Contributor

I've read good things about diatomaceous earth. I haven't taken it enough to know if it works though.

Honored Contributor

Seems to me our faces would get prematurely crepey just like our arms if we treated our facial skin the way many of us treat the skin on our bodies. I just shower and pop on some cerave and I'm done. Exfoliate the old fashioned way with a dry towel weekly during the winter, more stringently during fake tan season. What if I took that process more seriously?

One of these days I'm going to experiment with treating the skin on my body almost as carefully as  I treat my face. What do you think about this plan? I'll body brush daily to exfoliate. Shower as ususal, maybe with a milder body wash than just my Beekman soap. Then treat upper arms and everything from torso down to tops of my knees with a lotion or serum that contains collagen-building actives, probably one of Isomers' body products. Following with CeraVe body cream or lotion.

Would my body look that much better for the effort?

@forestYou communicated your thoughts so eloquently. Thank you. We are fortunate to have the luxury to be concerned about "first world problems" like beauty conundrums and crepey arms. It means we are safe and warm and relatively affluent and, at least temporarily, are not facing more pressing problems. Appreciate the kind reminder.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

The only way I know to keep arms nice is to do tons and tons and tons of push ups. I used to do them and I did have great looking arms but now at almost 69 - I just wear sleeves.

Respected Contributor

I got rid of my crepey, flabby upper arms with exercise, exercise and more exercise. An hour of hydrofit (high intensity, deep water exercise) plus lap swim at least 5 days a week. Weight work, push ups, and tricep dips. I also drink lots of water to keep my skin and body well hydrated. It’s taken about 9 months of hard work, but I’ve never looked (and felt) better. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't know how exercise can help crepiness. It can certainly strengthen muscle, but skin? I don't think so.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland