Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
anyone else receive a notice to settle on wen from the class action lawsuit? I for one only ordered once, (didn't like it, felt like I was shampooing with conditioner). I am still surprised that qvc continues to sell a product that has so many lawsuits pending. I understand not everyone experienced hair loss, but the fact that any negative things happened and qvc claims to have a strict quality control, yet they still sell it. (i'm not surprised people who like it continue to by it, just that qvc continues to sell it) I guess it will take a direct hit to qvc before they stop

@willomenia - Hmmm, do you like peanuts or products with peanut butter?  How about eggs, do you like products made with eggs?  How about perfumes, do you like and wear it?  How would you like the Q and everyone else to stop selling those items because there are so many people that those products have proven to be deadly, not causing hairloss, causing loss of life.  Yup, people have allergies and sensitivities and it's their responsibility to find out what they are allergic to and avoid it.  Claiming it is a product fault when thousands upon thousands of people worldwide use the product not only without issues but with incredible benefits and wanting all sales stopped is incredibly ignorant and spiteful.

Respected Contributor

The customers who buy WEN are the ones who pay for these lawsuits, as the prices may go up after this lawsuit. I tried WEN but decided I didn't want to spend the money on it as I have really long hair and lots of it. 

I have nothing bad to say about it. I just hate some of these lawsuits. The lawyers make big money off these, while the prices go up. If it would have caused me to have hair loss, I just would have stopped using it. 

Respected Contributor

@seamus2 wrote:

I tried Wen about 5 years ago and noticed right away I would be spending too much money (which is Chad's goal - LOL) on the product.  I had longer hair then so needed more pumps - ugh!  Also, I didn't notice any difference in my hair.  But I figured I finish up what product I had left and not buy any more.  And then I noticed that I was losing hair and the only thing I could tie it to was Wen - that was the only new thing added to my hair routine.  The loss continued for a while even after stopping the use of the Wen!  Now my hair is shorter and thin - the hair never grew back!  So now instead of blow drying my naturally curly hair, I let it air dry because it looks thicker that way.  So, to all of you who never had a problem using Wen and feel your hair looks great - I'm happy for you!  But for those of us who lost hair and will not get it back , any dollars we can get back for using Wen is just fine - though for me I only  wish for having my thick hair back!

Hello, @seamus2 and welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry about what happened to your hair. May I suggest some products to you? Nick Chavez makes some thickening and volumizing products. They won't make the hair grow back, but it might help your hair to look thicker.

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Cleanse, Treat & Style Kit Item # A286569

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner Duo Item # A329863

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

suzyQ3 wrote: 

@geezerette wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@willomenia wrote:
anyone else receive a notice to settle on wen from the class action lawsuit? I for one only ordered once, (didn't like it, felt like I was shampooing with conditioner). I am still surprised that qvc continues to sell a product that has so many lawsuits pending. I understand not everyone experienced hair loss, but the fact that any negative things happened and qvc claims to have a strict quality control, yet they still sell it. (i'm not surprised people who like it continue to by it, just that qvc continues to sell it) I guess it will take a direct hit to qvc before they stop

I don't know what you mean by "so many lawsuits pending," but please check out class action lawsuits. If stores stopped carrying brands that were affected by class action lawsuits, they'd be missing a lot of things you probably love. If people stopped buying cars by manufacturers affected by class action lawsuits, we'd all be taking the bus. Class action lawsuits are common and they are commonly settled because it's easier and more cost effective for a major company to settle than it is to fight in court for years.

Class action lawsuits don't mean a product is bad. A drug millions of Americans use daily and is one of the most popular in the US settled a class action lawsuit for over 100 million dollars. The drug is still on the market and still popular because it works for the vast majority of users. I've been using it for 20 years now and it ensures I breathe every day. 

Buses have had their fair share of lawsuits against them too!  So I guess that means we'd be walking, and somebody would decide to sue over that, too!

I just don't get this mentality that seems to sneer at all lawsuits, including, of all things, bus safety?

I bet that anyone who has been injured  due to negligence or wrongdoing would lose that sneer very quickly. And that's not even including the family of all those tragically hurt or killed. 

First, I wasn't sneering at all lawsuits.  Nor was I saying that I didn't believe buses should be safe.  I think you jumped the gun, or just plain took my comments the wrong way.

What I was saying was that just because people had sued WEN did not mean that the product was unsafe and shouldn't be sold.  I was trying to be funny, and obviously you did not find my comment to be so.  I was reiterating in my own way what @ChynnaBlue had already said: if every product that had had a lawsuit brought against was taken off the market, we wouldn't have some of our most widely used products available.

I personally do not know whether or not WEN caused anyone damage.  And I don't even know if it was proven to be true.  All I know is that I had read some "experts" had said that some of the ingredients "could" cause some of the things some consumers were complaining about.  

But I do know that there are thousands of frivolous lawsuits begun all the time.  Was this one of them?  I don't know, do you?

Exactly. Many class action lawsuits are settled with NO proof of wrong-doing or error on the part of the company. No one is sneering about safety issues that actually cause injury or death. The point here is that most things are safe despite class action settlements.

Remember a few years ago when the news was full of stories about Toyota Priuses that were accelerating on their own? There was no evidence that backed that up. One man admitted to faking it when he called 911 saying he was in a runaway car. It could never be replicated in the lab and none of the car computers showed evidence of this happening. Some people blamed floor mats or all kinds of other things, but the conclusion was that they were cases of driver error - people depressed the wrong pedal. Toyota settled for over 1 billion dollars.

People were injured and died in accidents and no one is sneering over that. I'm pointing out that a class action settlement is not an admission of guilt, nor does it mean the product is bad.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

suzyQ3 wrote: 

@geezerette wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "so many lawsuits pending," but please check out class action lawsuits. If stores stopped carrying brands that were affected by class action lawsuits, they'd be missing a lot of things you probably love. If people stopped buying cars by manufacturers affected by class action lawsuits, we'd all be taking the bus. Class action lawsuits are common and they are commonly settled because it's easier and more cost effective for a major company to settle than it is to fight in court for years.

Class action lawsuits don't mean a product is bad. A drug millions of Americans use daily and is one of the most popular in the US settled a class action lawsuit for over 100 million dollars. The drug is still on the market and still popular because it works for the vast majority of users. I've been using it for 20 years now and it ensures I breathe every day. 

Buses have had their fair share of lawsuits against them too!  So I guess that means we'd be walking, and somebody would decide to sue over that, too!

I just don't get this mentality that seems to sneer at all lawsuits, including, of all things, bus safety?

I bet that anyone who has been injured  due to negligence or wrongdoing would lose that sneer very quickly. And that's not even including the family of all those tragically hurt or killed. 

First, I wasn't sneering at all lawsuits.  Nor was I saying that I didn't believe buses should be safe.  I think you jumped the gun, or just plain took my comments the wrong way.

What I was saying was that just because people had sued WEN did not mean that the product was unsafe and shouldn't be sold.  I was trying to be funny, and obviously you did not find my comment to be so.  I was reiterating in my own way what @ChynnaBlue had already said: if every product that had had a lawsuit brought against was taken off the market, we wouldn't have some of our most widely used products available.

I personally do not know whether or not WEN caused anyone damage.  And I don't even know if it was proven to be true.  All I know is that I had read some "experts" had said that some of the ingredients "could" cause some of the things some consumers were complaining about.  

But I do know that there are thousands of frivolous lawsuits begun all the time.  Was this one of them?  I don't know, do you?

It seems that I owe you an apology for reading into your comment something that wasn't there.

I'm so used to hearing people slam class-action suits (or any personal lawsuits, really). So my reaction had nothing to do with the case at hand. I don't use Wen, and I have no clue as to the merit or lack thereof regarding this particular case.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, @geezerette

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@seamus2 wrote:

I tried Wen about 5 years ago and noticed right away I would be spending too much money (which is Chad's goal - LOL) on the product.  I had longer hair then so needed more pumps - ugh!  Also, I didn't notice any difference in my hair.  But I figured I finish up what product I had left and not buy any more.  And then I noticed that I was losing hair and the only thing I could tie it to was Wen - that was the only new thing added to my hair routine.  The loss continued for a while even after stopping the use of the Wen!  Now my hair is shorter and thin - the hair never grew back!  So now instead of blow drying my naturally curly hair, I let it air dry because it looks thicker that way.  So, to all of you who never had a problem using Wen and feel your hair looks great - I'm happy for you!  But for those of us who lost hair and will not get it back , any dollars we can get back for using Wen is just fine - though for me I only  wish for having my thick hair back!

Hello, @seamus2 and welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry about what happened to your hair. May I suggest some products to you? Nick Chavez makes some thickening and volumizing products. They won't make the hair grow back, but it might help your hair to look thicker.

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Cleanse, Treat & Style Kit Item # A286569

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner Duo Item # A329863

I hope she has better luck with Chavez products than I did.  Totally dried my hair out and had it breaking off.

Hmmm, maybe I should sue?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

No problem.  In fact, I have been on the receiving end of the benefits of a few class-action suits over the years.  So I have nothing against them, per se.

I was merely being sarcastic re the statement that all products involved in lawsuits should be banned.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.👍🏻

Trusted Contributor

BuckkkRe: class action lawsuit

Buc

buck a Nana. Really! You think egg allergies and peanut allergies are the same as a shampoo that contains something that causes hair loss is the same? It was never stated that wen hair loss is simply do to an allergy! Obviously you're a wen user. Hope down the road you still have hair. Carry on!
Frequent Contributor

And hello to you @NC Bandwagon!  Thanks for the suggestion to using Nick Chavez volumizing products which I have used in the past.  But I now use Garnier's curly hair scrunch gel and it's perfect for keeping the hair in place - when the wind blows you can see some bald spots - ugh!  It's cheaper and no shipping costs - Lol!  And I can thank Wen for letting me finally (after 70 years!!!) accept my curly hair.  And it's so easy now to take care of my hair.  After years of blow drying my hair and using a flat iron to straighten it, I have finally seen the light!  Air dry my hair, put  a little gel on damp hair and scrunch and my hair is curly and looks thicker than it really is - so easy!

Respected Contributor

Re: BuckkkRe: class action lawsuit

@willomenia wrote:

Buc

buck a Nana. Really! You think egg allergies and peanut allergies are the same as a shampoo that contains something that causes hair loss is the same? It was never stated that wen hair loss is simply do to an allergy! Obviously you're a wen user. Hope down the road you still have hair. Carry on!

@willomenia - you think DYING isn't as bad as hair loss?  Really?

The ONLY thing that can explain hair loss in a very small percentage of WEN users would be allergy.  Period.  The fact that YOU and others seem to want WEN products removed from the market despite the small percentage of individuals who have had problems makes me really wonder just what is REALLY behind this?  I've thought for quite a while this lawsuit really had nothing to do with hair loss and everything to do with a vendetta by a competitor.