Trusted Contributor
anyone else receive a notice to settle on wen from the class action lawsuit? I for one only ordered once, (didn't like it, felt like I was shampooing with conditioner). I am still surprised that qvc continues to sell a product that has so many lawsuits pending. I understand not everyone experienced hair loss, but the fact that any negative things happened and qvc claims to have a strict quality control, yet they still sell it. (i'm not surprised people who like it continue to by it, just that qvc continues to sell it) I guess it will take a direct hit to qvc before they stop
Valued Contributor

I received the email, also.  I bought the product 2 or 3 times over the years and did notice when I used it that more year fell out during the use of it.  It also added way too much time to my shower, so I chose not to buy it anymore.  I really don't understand the high praise for this product.  The man that sells it always looks like he has dirty hair. 

Honored Contributor

I got the email.  I ordered a TSV a couple years ago for my mother.  She used it once.

Trusted Contributor

I did, and I wil do nothing.  The only people that make money with those class action suits are the attorneys.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
anyone else receive a notice to settle on wen from the class action lawsuit? I for one only ordered once, (didn't like it, felt like I was shampooing with conditioner). I am still surprised that qvc continues to sell a product that has so many lawsuits pending. I understand not everyone experienced hair loss, but the fact that any negative things happened and qvc claims to have a strict quality control, yet they still sell it. (i'm not surprised people who like it continue to by it, just that qvc continues to sell it) I guess it will take a direct hit to qvc before they stop

I don't know what you mean by "so many lawsuits pending," but please check out class action lawsuits. If stores stopped carrying brands that were affected by class action lawsuits, they'd be missing a lot of things you probably love. If people stopped buying cars by manufacturers affected by class action lawsuits, we'd all be taking the bus. Class action lawsuits are common and they are commonly settled because it's easier and more cost effective for a major company to settle than it is to fight in court for years.

Class action lawsuits don't mean a product is bad. A drug millions of Americans use daily and is one of the most popular in the US settled a class action lawsuit for over 100 million dollars. The drug is still on the market and still popular because it works for the vast majority of users. I've been using it for 20 years now and it ensures I breathe every day. 

Contributor

I received the notice yesterday.  I used WEN for about  7 or 8 months back in 2010, before I noticed that my hair was thinning at the top.  I think I tried to convince myself that WEN was the the best thing since sliced bread, but for the entire time I used it, my hair  never felt truly clean, and certainly was not light and bouncy.  I finally decided to stop using it.  I threw away whatever I had left, and I would never use it again.  What works for some, doesn't always work for others. 

Honored Contributor

No email that I can find, and I'm a fairly regular user.  No hair loss.  I didn't get the jewelry catalogue either. 

Honored Contributor

I got the email yesterday, too. I will have to read the fine print & included links over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "so many lawsuits pending," but please check out class action lawsuits. If stores stopped carrying brands that were affected by class action lawsuits, they'd be missing a lot of things you probably love. If people stopped buying cars by manufacturers affected by class action lawsuits, we'd all be taking the bus. Class action lawsuits are common and they are commonly settled because it's easier and more cost effective for a major company to settle than it is to fight in court for years.

Class action lawsuits don't mean a product is bad. A drug millions of Americans use daily and is one of the most popular in the US settled a class action lawsuit for over 100 million dollars. The drug is still on the market and still popular because it works for the vast majority of users. I've been using it for 20 years now and it ensures I breathe every day. 

Buses have had their fair share of lawsuits against them too!  So I guess that means we'd be walking, and somebody would decide to sue over that, too!

Honored Contributor

If you make enough money on a product or service there will eventually be someone who tries to cash in on you.