Trusted Contributor
On 9/2/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

I'm actually a hardcore Wenner myself, and my hair is a walking billboard as far as advertising how well Wen works, but I couldn't agree more with this post!

When I see the before photos of the models, I instinctively know the producers of the Wen infomercials and the photographers manually roughed up the hair quite a bit more than using shampoo is capable of doing on its own.

Unless their hair had the texture of a Brillo pad prior to shampooing or was never nursed back to health after being damaged to an extreme degree, it's impossible to cause that much distress to the follicle.

If their hair was that damaged, however, I think Wen is perfectly capable of fixing that over the course of a few months, since that's the state my hair was in when I first used it and my hair is in perfect shape now.

Granted, a bad shampoo can make your hair terrible (as can Wen if you don't use it properly) but it is not capable of making hair look the same way as when you over-process it to no return.

I would've killed to see a model with over-processed, fried hair when I first started using Wen and watched the presentations - Chaz would access a MUCH bigger audience if there was at least one model who had hair that was a work in progress!

Wendy, Toma and Demi are all recent WEN users. They started at the TSV last August ( well I think Demi was maybe this past December ). They are on every time, and he has shown the progress of their hair. They were live with their hair when they started using it. Demi has the most visible to me, because of her over processed hair, and Chaz makes a point of showing it.

Super Contributor
Any hair, using any shampoo will always good great after professional styling.
Honored Contributor

It's all based on psychology and especially, how we perceive things.

Every business does it, but those in the beauty industry do it the most.

Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 suebdoo said: Did you not notice that the Before pictures also have a date, like 2009,2011 etc? Those Before pictures are showing the models hair prior to using WEN. The date also signifies the last time they used traditional shampoo/ conditioners I believe. Next time he is on, please take note of what it says below their pictures. There are drastic differences in hair colors, condition of the hair, and length. Of course the After looks better, it is often 2+ years after the Before pictures and then pro styled. The B/A pictures were Not taken the same day.

That is clear, but why wasn't it professionally styled in the before picture too. I think that is the point.

Honored Contributor

One of the models is about 55, and has gray, curly chin length hair.

I think her hair looks just as bad in the after photo .... she needs to do do something with her hair! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I think her hair looks just as bad in the after photo .... she needs to do do something with her hair! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I always leave when she's being featured haha.

Chaz is so knowledgeable and it's like seriously buddy, it's a golden rule that curly hair can very seldom pull off the layered look, especially when it's short! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Esteemed Contributor

What I'd like to see in the A is air dried, no styling! That would be really revealing! Then maybe I'd buy WEN again!

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 Ford1224 said:

His whole schtick is fake.

I agree.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 ryleighbell94 said:
On 9/2/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I always leave when she's being featured haha.

Chaz is so knowledgeable and it's like seriously buddy, it's a golden rule that curly hair can very seldom pull off the layered look, especially when it's short! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I don't notice her style; I notice her gray. It went from yellow to brilliant. That was significant to me.

I'm about 5% gray. Those hairs do what they want to do. They are very hard to control.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Of course the models hair is going to look great simply because it's professionally styled, but I think Chaz has a superior product. I would think Chaz would insist on consistency in his formulation, but I'm not a chemist so I don't know how much difference that makes. I have used the QVC formulation for years and have found nothing better. My hair is very short, fine and thin and I get a great blow out using his products. I'm much older and people can not believe I don't color my hair, so the products work for me.