Respected Contributor

Re: can someone ask skinn a question for me?

For some right now I can't remember the name of the keratin treatment  received, BUT my hairstylist assured me that there was no formaldehyde.  That was important to me.

I actually have haircare that my hairstylist recommended and I use it and a couple of others in the rotation, but for whatever reason I was very interested in the Skinn products.  And while I have read the ingredients and I don't see the sulfates, there are some sodiums in there and maybe they are fine.  They probably are. But maybe not.    I just wanted to feel confident that all the products (or some) are fine for me so I contacted  Skinn directly (phone and email).  It didn't seem like it should have been a big deal.  I left the messages as to why I was calling or emailing, so literally someone could have called or emailed back with a one word yes (it's fine) or no (it's not).  I just wanted confirmation especially because I perceive these products are a little different than most out there.  So now that I haven't heard anything I feel more hesitant to try them!  ugh!

Maybe Krissy has heard something on facebook?

Just of interest, the same day I last contacted skinn (last week), I also contacted 100% pure for a question I had about one of their products (a color choice).   Apparently 100% pure was having an all company meeting that day, so I left a message about why I was calling.  That very night I received a call back from someone.  It was really nice customer service.

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars - I too am surprised (and disappointed) you haven't had a response.  I had a problem last year and I received almost an immediate response and they gave me a $50 credit to their website for the inconvenience.  

I too have had my hair straightened but not with keratin.  It was called Natura.  It has been a while since I did it and have used Skinn's haircare with no issue.  I just personally don't care for the haircare at all.  It's just not for me. I do however want to try the mane mask.

Barring the hurricane and loss of power, I hope I will be able to see some the programming but Hurricane Matthew is barrelling through and it looks like we are going to hit pretty hard.  I'm praying I'm wrong and it magically makes a turn east, but unfortunately it is heading right for us.  I am in S. Florida Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars - I don't use the Skinn haircare, however, I've had numerous keratin treatments. The only thing I remember being told is use sulfate free shampoos. 

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

I asked for you on Skinn FB @moonandthestars...soon as I get an answer I will let you know...but looking at his ingredient decks, I would think they are safe for keratin treated (braziallian right?) hair...

As for Skinn CS, I have never contacted them but know it is a small family run center...while most of his business is his shopping channels in 7 various countries...he could hire more help but then he would have to raise his prices Woman Indifferent 

Or he could take less profit.

Respected Contributor

I heard back from Skinn via email!!  The email said that the hair products are just fine for hair that has had a keratin treatment!!

I did use the mask, and I think I love it!

Respected Contributor

NYCgrl,

I just wanted to check and see that everything went fine with you with the weekend hurricane.  You ok?

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

NYCgrl,

I just wanted to check and see that everything went fine with you with the weekend hurricane.  You ok?

@moonandthestars - how very sweet of you to check on me.  Yes, we were so lucky and fortunate.  I am so thankful and grateful.  It breaks my heart the loss of life and damage done by this storm.

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear of your negative experience with Skinn CS, @moonandthestars . 

I've only needed to contact them a couple of times over the years, but have always come away more than satisfied.  That said, they seem to be in a growing-pain stage as they expand and globalize so it sounds like the CS area needs attention.

Glad you eventually DID get your answer and that you like what you've used thus far.  I use the hair products and really like what they've done for my hair and scalp.  I hope you find the same as you continue trying the shampoo, etc., and that you'll post back once you've had a chance to form an opinion.  Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?