Trusted Contributor

Seems like the 50's have brought me under eye puffiness .

Any one have a suggestion for a good eye cream to help with this .

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Most eye creams regardless of what they promote really only combat dryness.  Because hydrated skin looks less wrinkl,y creams are very effective for lines and wrinkles.  When it comes to puffiness and bags, you can find all kinds of eye creams making claims of lifting and tightening, but I've yet to see anyone get long term results using one.  I think ultimately for that issue you have to make a decision about more invasive cosmetic procedures. 

Honored Contributor

You need to understand what causes it first:

https://www.reference.com/health/causes-bags-under-eyes-fbf64ac8966b42a3?qo=cdpArticles

Then you can understand better how or if you can actually get rid of them by using creams, etc.

Here are some of the ways to get rid of them at least temporarily from the same article:

https://www.reference.com/health/cure-bags-under-eyes-cc5cf510e2b2cfca?qo=contentSimilarQuestions

I've always read that it was hereditary.  I have no idea what is or isn't true.  We all have something.  I have a problem with chub under my chin.  I have read where there is now a laser that will get rid of it (I even know someone who had good luck with it).  However, I have also been told that because I've had surgery to remove my thyroid, I am not a good candidate (safely) to get it done, so I live with it.  On the other hand (isn't there always another hand) I am 70 soon so I guess it doesn't matter, but it does when I look at my smooth face with no age spots and bla bla, I still see that gobble under the neck.  Ugh!

I don't mean to be facetious.  I am actually saying that if you can try whatever might work but if it happens you can't get rid of it, it's not the end of the world, I guess (thinking of myself)  Ha!

Honored Contributor

Try sleeping with 2 pillows at night.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor
I don't have real bags. But I have been using the Peter Thomas Roth cucumber mask at night under the eye for puffiness and redness. I think it works great as a undereye treatment overnight.
Honored Contributor

You need to look for the ingredients Haloxyl and Eyeliss.  Mad Hippie Eye Cream has both.  If you want something that's more like a serum (non-emoilient), check out Skinn Cosmetics Hylighten.  It contains 10% Haloxyl and comes in a rollerball tube.  Whatever you choose, be aware that nothing happens overnight.  Be patients and hang in there.

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You need to look for the ingredients Haloxyl and Eyeliss.  Mad Hippie Eye Cream has both.  If you want something that's more like a serum (non-emoilient), check out Skinn Cosmetics Hylighten.  It contains 10% Haloxyl and comes in a rollerball tube.  Whatever you choose, be aware that nothing happens overnight.  Be patients and hang in there.

I just started using Skinn's Hylighten three days ago--ordered it during Dimitri's last visit @JeanLouiseFinch.  I will definitely post any results, good or bad, after I have given the product a chance to work. I was thinking that one to two months should be enough time to see at least some progress, but please let me know if I should give it longer. Also received his Under Eye Decrinkler product which was part of this kit. Per his instructions, it can be applied to the entire eye area. I don't have wrinkles on my lids or crows feet--knocking on wood as I write this--but have been "blessed" with BOTH under eye dark circles AND puffiness!

Never heard of Mad Hippie but I will check it out.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I just started using Skinn's Hylighten three days ago--ordered it during Dimitri's last visit @JeanLouiseFinch.  I will definitely post any results, good or bad, after I have given the product a chance to work. I was thinking that one to two months should be enough time to see at least some progress, but please let me know if I should give it longer. Also received his Under Eye Decrinkler product which was part of this kit. Per his instructions, it can be applied to the entire eye area. I don't have wrinkles on my lids or crows feet--knocking on wood as I write this--but have been "blessed" with BOTH under eye dark circles AND puffiness!

Never heard of Mad Hippie but I will check it out.

Thanks.

@ChazzyLady  Everyone responds differently, but I agree that you should at least start seeing results by the second month.  Just hang in there and be faithful.

Honored Contributor

I may be arrested for even considering this, and I should REALLY do the research before I even mention it, because I am considering buying a container of Gold Bond Neck and Chest Cream, AND TRYING IT ON MY EYE BAGS!

My thinking about this is that if it sucks a little wrinklage from my turkey wattle, it JUST MIGHT have a positive effect on my eye bags too.

I imagine it will have the almost obligatory warning to avoid getting the neck and chest preparation INTO my eyes, but so far, my eye balls have not wrinkled, not even one little bit.

If I can find a bottle of chest and neck, I'll post what happens if/when I Q-Tip some onto the eye bags..........

Honored Contributor

An eye gel with caffeine in it is a good choice too.