Honored Contributor

buxom beauty....an offshoot of bare escentuals?

i know that the buxom lip glosses were originally marketed by bare escentuals/bare minerals. are they now a totally separate company?

when i was looking at the "cancer and careers" items that include a very nice gift with purchase on qvc, i saw the 15 piece set of buxom lips. it looked like a good deal. i was noticing that they put a lot of reviews straight from the buxomcosmetics.com on the qvc item page. i then went to the buxom website and noticed that the same set is $29?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: buxom beauty....an offshoot of bare escentuals?

I was wondering about that too.  I thought, "didn't Buxom lip gloss start off as a Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals product?"  I figured perhaps I was remembering things wrong, but I always felt like I remembered Leslie presenting Buxom lip glosses here on the Q.

Not sure what's going on with that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

It is a brand owned by Bare Escentuals.

Frequent Contributor

Buxom plumping gloss was a Bare Escentuals product and often included in their Face Forward kits and TSVs. As they expanded the line, the decision was made to spin it off as a separate line rather than a BE item. Buxom was a Sephora exclusive line for a few years. then became available in ULTA last year, as well as on the buxomcosmetics dot com website. There are ony two Buxom items that are sold on the Q right now.

Buxom products have always been available in the outlets, which used to be Bare Minerals and are now Bare + Beauty, including other lines owned by Shiseido.