Esteemed Contributor

best shampoo to enhance silver & shine?

I haven't colored my below shoulder length hair in four years so the color is completely grown out. I still have streaks of my natural auburn, but it's mostly a mixture of mousy brown, grey and silver.

it's not as shiny as it was when I colored it.

what shampoo do you recommend to make my hair shiny again and enhance the silver & grey?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Re: best shampoo to enhance silver & shine?

Oribe Silverati line.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Acure has a sulfate free one that is very nice.  The shampoo's always emphasize for blond hair but it is also for silver gray hair.  Aveda has one and ShiKai.  I own all three.  I feel that Aveda's more drying where the other two are more conditioning.  If you want beautiful shine try Mario Badescu spray on conditioner.  It gives shine and a little body.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@MariotaMurielle 

Hi I have salt and pepper hair , and I have been very pleased wtih the Maison 276 three piece set sold here on the Q  for grey/white /silver hair . It consists of a clarifying treatment , a shampoo and conditioner . I like it because the products are white . I have tried purple and blue shampoos but really was not satisifed with the way they left my hair and they felt drying . They are sold on the Q and on the Maison 276 website . 

Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

I have silver hair.  I haven't colored it in years.  I use Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo Blonde & Silver.  

Esteemed Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@MariotaMurielle 

Hi I have salt and pepper hair , and I have been very pleased wtih the Maison 276 three piece set sold here on the Q  for grey/white /silver hair . It consists of a clarifying treatment , a shampoo and conditioner . I like it because the products are white . I have tried purple and blue shampoos but really was not satisifed with the way they left my hair and they felt drying . They are sold on the Q and on the Maison 276 website . 

Good luck

I second the recommendation for the Maison 276 set from the Q.  I agree about the fact it is not blue.  I don't care what they say, those blue shampoos leave a blue tint to hair eventually and they are extremely drying to hair.  I wash my hair every day and I have found it to make my hair shiny and it clarifies.  

20200327_094334.jpg

A little goes a long way.  Try it!  Beautiful hair and no blue! Woman Wink

@marmarbrooklyn 

@MariotaMurielle 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Yes I have a short pixie and find that these products really keep hair great . They are light weight , yet very conditioning 

Esteemed Contributor

The first time my hair grew back after chemo I tried those blue/purple products.  I found they were a weird color and did leave some kind of deposit.  

Now I just use regular products and keep up with a moisture.  

My mom had thick, curly hair and after she went white she used an oil for shine.  It worked.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

The first time my hair grew back after chemo I tried those blue/purple products.  I found they were a weird color and did leave some kind of deposit.  

Now I just use regular products and keep up with a moisture.  

My mom had thick, curly hair and after she went white she used an oil for shine.  It worked.

@Still Raining   That happened to me, too. My hair is a white/silver mix and the purple shampoos, even leaving it on a few minutes, left it with a purple tinge. I use sulfate free s&c, clarify once a month and deep condition for moisture/shine. 

Respected Contributor

I've  been using Jhirmack Silver Brightening Ageless shampoo.  I wash my hair every-other day, and use this shampoo every-other time...my Redken All Soft the other days,

Use my regular conditioner.

It is fairly inexpensive, and my hair looks good.  Letting it go natural since March, and I am pleased with how it is coming along.  I also use a shine spray occasionally.