Super Contributor

Re: best moisturizer that does not clog pores!!

A lot of oil-free moisturizers contain silicones. Although silicones are supposed to be non-comedogenic, they always cause clogged pores and milia for me. Staying away from silicones makes all the difference for my skin.
Super Contributor

Two of my favorites are LaRoche Posay Toleriane FLUIDE OIL FREE MOISTURIZER and Versed DewPoint Gel Cream.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl  I agree with many that suggest the use of exfoliants (bha, etc.), scrubs, peels.  I also agree about you should be aware of silicones used in so many products.  Many people do have skin reactions to those. (clogged pores, break outs, etc.)  I have very sensitive and reactive skin, so I'm always reading ingredients carefully. and I try new things cautiously.  It can be hard for me to find the right products, but what I've been using now and like are hyalurionic acid serums (100%).  My personal favs. are one from Bion and the other from Organic Pharmacy.  The moisturizer I use is Face Reality Cran Peptide Cream.   Also a good cleanser really helps.  Maybe even two cleansers and do a double cleanse.

Honored Contributor

The main reason why silicones can cause clogged pores, even though they are noncomedogenic, is because silicone is occlusive and can trap other things on the skin so those other things become clog-poring compounds themselves. The occlusive nature of silicone prevents dead skin cells along with sebum from sloughing off naturally which can lead to the formation of milia. 

Regular Contributor

My personal favorite is Philosophy Miracle Worker for morning with SPF and Cerave night cream for evening. They are truly the best