Regular Contributor

best foundation for age 50+ women

Any advice for a good foundation? I've tried IT CC cream, the IT colors are too light for me. Laura Geller balance and brighten is too dry, and her bb creme doesn't have enough coverage. Anyone have a recommendation for a foundation with good coverage that doesn't look like a mask? Was using Tarte amazonian clay for a couple of years, but got tired of it. Thanks!

Contributor

Re: best foundation for age 50+ women

Sorry I don't have any answers for you but I have the same problem. I will be 60 in February & nothing works for me. There is no powder formula that I can wear at all - they either make my skin look dirty or too washed out - not to mention how they settel in every line you have.

I have tried BE liquid foundation when I was in Sephora some time back - it looked good but it's not enough to know if it will work unless you have it on all day. I notice many formulas I try both powder & liquid make my skin itchy. I have tried BB & CC creams, don't like any of the ones I tried. It is SO frustrating when you can't find something you like or can't match your color.

Hope someone has answers for both of us have a great night.

Cool

Super Contributor

I would recommend Perricone Serum Foundation. It is light, gives great coverage and has an SPF built in it.

Good Luck,

asltw

p.s. I have tried the IT CC cream with a sample I received and thought it was heavy and thick.

Honored Contributor

Trying, trying.. Have been trying for almost a year ... TRIED: Almay, Rimmel matte, Tarte Amazonian clay; face Atlier.

HG: Clinique Stay True (disc)

Going to try next: Estée Lauder Double Wear, Mary K or Chanel (if I can get a color match, which is very doubtful -I need pale ivory.)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Hi there. Am 63 & have medium skin tones. Very dry skin. I have been alternating between: Loreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute (right now I use sun beige, Revlon Age Defying Make-up (natural beige), and Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation (soft beige). I also have Revlon's Colorstay Aqua (medium deep). They all work well for me, but I guess I prefer the Loreal. You just have to try & see what works best for you. I only buy my foundations @ the drugstore.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/21/2014 joannecha said:

Hi there. Am 63 & have medium skin tones. Very dry skin. I have been alternating between: Loreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute (right now I use sun beige, Revlon Age Defying Make-up (natural beige), and Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation (soft beige). I also have Revlon's Colorstay Aqua (medium deep). They all work well for me, but I guess I prefer the Loreal. You just have to try & see what works best for you. I only buy my foundations @ the drugstore.

I'm using this right now too. I like it.

Respected Contributor

Too bad you didn't like IT cc, because I was going to suggest that. I absolutely love it, but I use the fair. Have you tried PTR foundation? That's another favorite of mine....it's luminous, and dewy. Minimal blending to apply. I think it comes in 4 shades...not too sure.

Occasional Contributor

Try Mirabella foundation. Usually sold in better hair salons. Good luck with your search!
Respected Contributor

I like Even Better by Clinique. And Lancome Absolue.

Honored Contributor

If you can get to a Sephora or Nordstrom you need to get a sample & try on Laura Mercier's new foundation Fluide. It is oil-free, long lasting and like a second skin (does not look or feel like you are wearing any foundation). There are many shades (check her website as when you point to a shade it gives you the color/undertones. I received a sample of this and will purchase once I use up what I have. You don't need much to get coverage and it's buildable. It's truly a 21st century foundation.

kindness is strength