Super Contributor

Re: beauty with benefits box...problem with wen

So i heard back from Wen's customer service. They said they quit putting a manufacture date on anything in 2019 because it was too confusing to people. They said it is good for 2 years after opening and the manufacture date does not effect the product. And they are not putting any manufacture date on any products after 2019.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

I just received my HSN beauty with benefits box today by UPS.

I received a 4 fl. oz. bottle of WEN lavender mint treatment oil.

I can't find any manufacture date anywhere on there?

Can you dear ones please tell we where you can find it on the bottle/where to look for it so that I can check the date on my bottle, too? 

@Toppers3 - In the past, all of mine had the mfg. date on the bottom of the bottle, but I'm not sure if that's still true.

Thank you @Venezia, it's still there on the bottom of the bottle. 

I couldn't see it because of the use of the dark ink of the manufacturing stamp, but like many of you, mine came from the same group and it was manufactured in 12 of 2018. 

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

So i heard back from Wen's customer service. They said they quit putting a manufacture date on anything in 2019 because it was too confusing to people. They said it is good for 2 years after opening and the manufacture date does not effect the product. And they are not putting any manufacture date on any products after 2019.

Good to hear @plc123 .  So no one needs to worry about the manufacturing date since it doesn't affect the product.  I think it's a good idea that they stop putting any date on bottles.   

Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

plc123:  and when I spoke to the WEN rep she told me the product expires ONE year after opening and TWO years after manufactured date.  They should get their stories straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer 

FYI...The WEN Botanical Scalp Treatment was only released in 2020.  I bought it the moment it hit QVC...June, 2020.  It was not around in 2011.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Isobel Archer 

FYI...The WEN Botanical Scalp Treatment was only released in 2020.  I bought it the moment it hit QVC...June, 2020.  It was not around in 2011.

I knew that you would know @SurferWife !  This is how rumors get started - when someone posts a story with incorrect information.  

Trusted Contributor

they can say whatever they want....I don't buy that story that it it fine even though it was manufactured over 3 1/2 years ago.  I don't want putting something that old on my skin.  I only want fresh products.  I still believe they are finding a way to get rid of old products.  But they can say anything they want and I can believe anything I want.  All of you can do anything you feel comfortable doing.  If you want to throw away do it...Or use it..do that.  Your choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

I AM FINE WITH MY WEN IN THE BWB BOX.  IT IS ONLY AN OIL.  HAVE HAD IT BEFORE AND LASTS FOREVER WITH NO PROBLEM.   HAD IT BEEN A SUNSCREEN THAT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT AND I MAY NOT USE IT.   ALSO IT WAS GIFTED FOR FREE DURING A PURCHASE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT  CHARITABLE EVENT.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!

Contributor

My oil from QVC said 2018 and the oil from HSN said 2016. I will not use it and it sounds like WEN is making excuses now for it. One person on another site said she received an $8 credit. I did not call since the box was "free" and I never liked WEN products. I think it is terrible for a company to push out very old products. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting about the scalp treatment beginning in 2020.  The date on the bottom of mine says 2011.  Maybe it's not a date - just a number randomly placed there?

When I contacted Wen, they didn't say what the number was - or that the product wasn't manufactured until 2020 - they just told me the standard - how long it's good and that I could return it if I wanted to.  Since I ordered it directly from them, you'd think they'd reassure me that it wasn't actually a date - since as some say they stopped putting the date on after 2019.