Trusted Contributor

beauty with benefits box...problem with wen

First...I know there are a lot of Wen people that love the product..and that is great.  Sorry I am not one of them.  But that is ok.  It did contain a product from wen that I thought I actually might try...the treatment oil.

I received my Beauty with Benefits box today.  I think it's a wonderful cause and I contribute every year. 

My issue this year...One of the items in the box...A small container of wen treatment oil ...I don't care about the size..Not the issue..My issue...the manufactured date..12/2018.  Over 4 years ago.  That is what I have an issue with. Them getting rid oof old products.  Hey lets do a great thing and donate...great way to get rid of our OLD AND EXPIRED PRODUCTS!!  i DID LOOK IT UP.  From what I could find...use up to 2 years after the m,anufactured date.  You probably could use a little longer...but I am not messing around with any product I am putting on my skin!!!  If any of you don't care...that is great for you. 

It is going where I think it belongs..in the trash.  From what I can tell, all of the other products in the box are current

Respected Contributor

Re: beauty with benefits box...problem with wen

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

First...I know there are a lot of Wen people that love the product..and that is great.  Sorry I am not one of them.  But that is ok.  It did contain a product from wen that I thought I actually might try...the treatment oil.

I received my Beauty with Benefits box today.  I think it's a wonderful cause and I contribute every year. 

My issue this year...One of the items in the box...A small container of wen treatment oil ...I don't care about the size..Not the issue..My issue...the manufactured date..12/2018.  Over 4 years ago.  That is what I have an issue with. Them getting rid oof old products.  Hey lets do a great thing and donate...great way to get rid of our OLD AND EXPIRED PRODUCTS!!  i DID LOOK IT UP.  From what I could find...use up to 2 years after the m,anufactured date.  You probably could use a little longer...but I am not messing around with any product I am putting on my skin!!!  If any of you don't care...that is great for you. 

It is going where I think it belongs..in the trash.  From what I can tell, all of the other products in the box are current

what was WEN's response when you communicated (called or emailed) and reported this issue to them?

WEN CUSTOMER SERVICE
CUSTOMERSERVICE@CHAZDEAN.COM

(888) 670-3756

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

thank you for the information....I have not done that.   thank you...I will give them a call.

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe 

Please notify QVC customer service as well.

Full Disclosure - I am one of the WEN fans of whom you spoke.

I have no idea if WEN customer service knows how long QVC holds products, or what QVC sends out.  Please do let WEN know.

With the previous BB I notified both QVC & the Company of a problem.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe wrote:

thank you for the information....I have not done that.   thank you...I will give them a call.

@ruthbe@TheMemphisVette, WEN HAS been contacted per the OP in the second thread I posted. This is the response lovestoshop65 got from WEN.

"My Beauty with Benefits came with  a bottle of WEN treatment oil with Manufacture date of 10/2018.  I contacted WEN website and asked about that.  They said products are good for ONE year after opening and TWO years unopened.  SO this product expired in 2020.  Check your products ladies.  They may be old and expired." 

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@ruthbe wrote:

@ruthbe@TheMemphisVette, WEN HAS been contacted per the OP in the second thread I posted. This is the response lovestoshop65 got from WEN.

"My Beauty with Benefits came with  a bottle of WEN treatment oil with Manufacture date of 10/2018.  I contacted WEN website and asked about that.  They said products are good for ONE year after opening and TWO years unopened.  SO this product expired in 2020.  Check your products ladies.  They may be old and expired." 

@pupwhipped 

yes, i understood the issue of expired product.   i would expect Wen would want to know their expired product is being used for a charity event.   doesn't jive with what i would expect from them.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

I had the same problem with WEN with a Tili box. It had a full size Wen body cream. Which was one of the promoted items. When I received it and opened it, it smelled off. I looked at the date on the jar and it was 2018. I called QVC customer service and they refunded the whole purchase and told me just to toss it. I didn’t even have to go through the inconvenience of repacking and returning. That was the last TILI I would ever purchase.
Respected Contributor

@Bellini13 I think it is a shame that they are still sending out expired products after complaints from the Tili boxes.  Like you, I am not sure if I will order another.  It doesn't really inspire confidence.   

Honored Contributor

I always tossed all the WEN junk out anyway--