Honored Contributor

When looking for one ,what should the ingrediants be, to help face from dryness, looking at epionce, it looks good i think.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I posted on another thread yesterday about Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. On that thread I wrote:  "A couple of years ago my dermatologist gave me a sample of Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. Derms and plastic surgeons recommend it for people suffering from dry, irritated, and sensitive skin and those who've had various procedures because it's so gentle and very healing.  It was kind of a miracle the first time I used it and continues to be! I use it regularly, especially during the frigid, snowy winter months where I live. I purchase via dermstore's site. I've tried many oils and other creams, but for my skin this is the only one that moisturizes as much as I need it to." 

Honored Contributor

I've never used a barrier cream before. I don't even know why I would need one.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're looking for is an occlusive product that you would apply over your moisturizer to seal in the moisture and keep your skin from drying out. From what I've heard, shea butter is a good ingredient for this purpose and it doesn't clog pores. HTH @goldensrbest 

Regular Contributor

aquaphor works great, but not if you want to put on make-up, use it at night, heals the dry/chapping and not so expensive

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

I posted on another thread yesterday about Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. On that thread I wrote:  "A couple of years ago my dermatologist gave me a sample of Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. Derms and plastic surgeons recommend it for people suffering from dry, irritated, and sensitive skin and those who've had various procedures because it's so gentle and very healing.  It was kind of a miracle the first time I used it and continues to be! I use it regularly, especially during the frigid, snowy winter months where I live. I purchase via dermstore's site. I've tried many oils and other creams, but for my skin this is the only one that moisturizes as much as I need it to." 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You have never used  anything for dryness? I have used a few in the past.

Honored Contributor

Re: barrier cream

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

You have never used  anything for dryness? I have used a few in the past.

Just my regular moisturizer and oil. But not a barrier cream. That just seems too rich for my skin. 

I used to use a moisturizer with beeswax and that really sealed in moisture. But I don't need that now.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee in your case, your oil would be performing the function of a barrier.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @goldensrbest I have dry skin too.  what i a barrier cream supposed other than what a moisturizer does?