New Contributor

bareMinerals Faux Tan for Face and Body Kit

Has anyone tried this tanning product?  Does it rub off on to your clothes?  I ordered this, it also comes with a bronzer for your face.  I liked it came with a brush you can use instead of mitts etc.  Looks pretty.  I know I can try it for a time and I can send it back but it would be nice if people who have tried it would comment.

Honored Contributor

Re: bareMinerals Faux Tan for Face and Body Kit

From what I've tried, most powder tanners for the face can look good if you just "hit the high points" like Laura Geller demonstrates.

Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG Just hit the high points?   Like nose - chin and a dash on forehead?  Interesting  Faux tan has never looked good nor natural on my face. ..so found your comment informative.  Of course, bareMinerals isn't L Geller's product - or at least last I knew.  Always loved bM fake tan - and, no, it doesn't rub off on clothing to answer OP's question.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The representative from BM did say as well, just hit the spots on the face that the sun would hit, nose forehead, chim.  In the kit it is a bronzer not a tanner.  Thank you for the response re: will the tanner rub off on to my clothes.  I decided to try it for my legs, they look awful when not tan but I dont want to lay in the sun for the legs.  Once again than you for the response.

Respected Contributor

@2infinity  I used to use Faux Tan a few years ago.  I found it to be very natural looking.  I'm blonde and fair, so looking natural was very important to me.  I used to apply it with my hands to face, arms and legs.  When I was done, I washed my hands with soap, then put a small mount on the back of one hand, distributing it with the back of the other hand.

OR I would put rubber gloves on and only take them off when I finished with face, arms and legs.  Then I would use the above method for the hands.  As I recall, I would wait 10 minutes or so before getting dressed.  I never noticed any on my clothes.

Faux Tan was one of two tanners that Lisa Robertson recommended.  (P l e a s e ... no Lisa bashing.  I trusted her opinion on Faux Tan and the product didn't disappoint.)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

I used this last summer and it was a pretty, natural tan. It was easy to apply with the brush. However, the brush is really thick and dense and I couldn't get the brush clean. if I didn't clean the brush, there was product build up in the brush. If I cleaned the brush, I couldn't get it to dry and worried about mold. I ditched the brush and used rubber gloves. I never had a problem with it coming off on my clothes or sheets. 

Valued Contributor

@2infinity  (Can someone tell me how to save my Size, Font, etc. settings?) Thanks in advance.

I've used their Faux Tan for years and after I got the hang of application it's a breeze.  The Best Color, at least for me since it's the same color I get in the sun.  Wait 30 min-1 hour for it to totally dry, then wear loose clothes for a while.  It does need to be applied and 'set' well and properly (for me) but it's SO WORTH IT.  Lovely Natural long-lasting Tan.

I've never had problems with the brush, however I prefer laying some body moisturizer/butter down with the brown tan gel.  I don't regularly wash the brush - WHY would I? Just use a face wipe.  It's better than any other tanning product I've tried.